Galibier now open !

gavinbay
gavinbay Posts: 144
Just had this in from my friends who run a hotel in La Grave just down from Lautaret and Galibier, I do their website and was chasing them up for some recent news to update site

http://www.hotel-edelweiss.com/

Also have to chase some dutch clients that left this morning who did sent me pictures of them on the top of the galibier with tons of snow, but haven't received them in our inbox yet (sent from their phone while I was watching...weird...). The Galibier is now open, as of yesterday evening 18h00

Comments

• gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    tourmalet and aubisque were both closed when i was around there at the start of w/c 11th June. we drove up to 4km from the top of tourmalet and it was a right mess due to avalanches.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • ShavenLegs
    ShavenLegs Posts: 33
    Rode up the Galibier on Friday from the Lautaret side. Road was completely clear and dry, but the snow banks at the sides are still pretty big near the top - nice and soft - perfect for building a snowman! It was pretty warm and sunny last week and stunning views from the top in all directions.