N+1

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
1010548_10151527870042599_614500258_n.png

Comments

• gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    I just shared that photo on facebook. (even though my rides are all crap!)
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'm getting this all wrong at the moment...

Have taken the Minxy apart and am selling in bits, and sold my beautiful (but slightly too small for me) Juliana last night *sob* !!

Am moving house shortly so needed a bit of short term 'cash re-allocation' - but am REALLY looking forward to the bike spending spree in a few months when everything has settled down 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I'm beginning to find out that 2 bikes is a tad excessive for me, convenient while I'm at uni but after I graduate lord know what I'll do with the 456, haven't ridden it for weeks but then given the choice unless its proper shitty out I'm always inclined to take the HD out. The fleet will be slimmed down once I graduate for sure, can't really think of a reason to justify two bikes that are so similar.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I have 3. Considering a 4th - for riding at the skate park and pump track with my little lad. So perhaps I could argue the 4th bike is technically for my son? :mrgreen:
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    I peaked at 7. Trimmed to 3 at the moment. Already looking at the next one though
  • welshkev
    Daz555 wrote:
    I have 3. Considering a 4th - for riding at the skate park and pump track with my little lad. So perhaps I could argue the 4th bike is technically for my son? :mrgreen:

I have one for sale if you're interested? :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I have 5, but only use 4 - so the 5 one needs changing for TT bike
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Just 4 of my own, but including mrs and kids there's 11 in the garage
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I have one with pedals, four with engines (five if you ask the DVLA). Want another with pedals though.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I found that when I had the 2, I always reached for the bouncy one of the pair, so it didnt make much sense, thats why I built Amy, who I love dearly and does everything I need from a mountain bike, and also last year doubled up as a pretty competent road bike. I do have other bikes for other uses now though, road, poncing about looking retro and foldable to fit in boot of car, but.....I do have too many bikes, well one too many to be fair
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I just shared that photo on facebook. (even though my rides are all crap!)

so are mine apparently lets celebrate :lol:
  • welshkev
    I have 3. A DH bike, my do it all cove hardtail and a jump bike.

The jump bike isn't being used as much as I'd like so its up for sale so I can buy a new full suss frame :)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Building atm, but will have three;

Light XC bike

Heavy DH bike

All mountain bike
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Had four had one point, currently have 1!

Must change that soon
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Must change that soon

I know that feeling - I literally had to peel myself away from Ebay last night... Lots of bikes are far too tempting :shock:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    Only 1 at the moment (the Soul).
    There is a SC Blur LTc frame on its way this week though, so the magic number will be two soon, but i have a suspicion that i wont ride the Soul much once the Blur is built, so i'm thinking of selling off the frame and forks and building a Roadrat up with 'cross tires, possibly the perfect 'other' bike? (although, saying that, i would love to keep the HT and have the Roadrat as well, have to see how much the FS build stings me first!). N+1 FTW!
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Slimmed down to four. Inbred, 456, PX Team AL and PX Pro Carbon. Considering selling the Inbred as I'm finding the 456 more fun but then I'd have two road bikes and 1 off road which would be wrong. Wouldn't mind a full sus as now as after various injuries I'm creaking and need a more comfortable rear end. fnar.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    I've got 3 (see sig) plus one for the ankle biter but it's garage storage capcity that's the limiting factor. Ideally would like 2 more ( DH bike and a carbon roadie but that will be tricky unless I start piling them against each other! Might persuade junior she doesn't like bikes any more :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I've got a shed full ,a garage full and some bits kicking about to build some more up.

But since getting the Intense I only use that and the DH bike.

Must make more of an effort to sell
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg