Entry to L'etape du Tour 2013

Kaare
Kaare Posts: 3
Dear all
I'm doing a very late attempt to find an entry to this years L'etape du Tour. Does anyone here know where to look for entries now that they are sold out officially? There must be a number of people who due to injuries, changed plans or whatever, are interested in selling one, but I just don't know where to find them. I'm looking for an entry only (no package) since I'll be in Annecy anyway. Furthermore, if possible I would prefer an entry to the first start group as I expect to be able to finish safely within top 100.

Thanks in advance!
Kaare

Comments

• alanjay
    alanjay Posts: 363
    Rapha were advertising some spare places at the end of last week.
  • Boleynboy
    Boleynboy Posts: 83
    Kaare wrote:
    Dear all
    I'm doing a very late attempt to find an entry to this years L'etape du Tour. Does anyone here know where to look for entries now that they are sold out officially? There must be a number of people who due to injuries, changed plans or whatever, are interested in selling one, but I just don't know where to find them. I'm looking for an entry only (no package) since I'll be in Annecy anyway. Furthermore, if possible I would prefer an entry to the first start group as I expect to be able to finish safely within top 100.

Thanks in advance!
    Kaare

You cannot choose which pen you start in, it is decided for you depending on past results in the etape or similar events.
    I think you will be very lucky to get in now so close to the event, and if you do get a place good luck in getting in the top 100 finishers, these positions are nearly always taken up by ex-pros, semi-pros or or extremely good amateurs, and they will all be in the first pen to start, you could be 30 mins behind them before you even push a pedal!
  • dal105
    dal105 Posts: 31
    Has anyone received their start number yet - it seems to be getting awfully close to the event now to have not sent out the details!

3654186546_76b76e8851.jpg
  • Kaare
    Kaare Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply. Here in Denmark a lot of people are selling entries to La Marmotte due to injuries, changed etc., but for some reason L'etape du Tour is not big among danish riders and that is why I'm writing in your forum. In La Marmotte you just overtake the startnumbers (and starting groups) from the ones you purchase them from, as far as I'm told, so I thought this would be similar. But maybe I'm wrong?

With regard to where I will end if I get an entry: I'm a former semi-pro mountainbiker with a lot of good results in long mountain races, and my level is still good, so top 100 is realistic. One of my former team mates was in the top 20 in La Marmotte last year and we have very similar levels. But of course, I know that the final placing is very much dependent on where you start..