Tony Soprana R.I.P.

raymondo60
raymondo60 Posts: 735
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Sad news of the death of actor James Gandolfini aged only 51.

Anyone who watched and enjoyed the Sopranos will spare a thought for him today. IMVHO probably THE best TV series ever made, and Gandolfini was perfect in the role.

As the big man would have said when faced with a sad event;'What're ya gonna do?"

Your favourite Soprano quotes/scenes etc?
Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Sad news indeed.
    But what you gonna do?
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Sad news indeed.
    But what you gonna do?

Gonna make a point of watching all of the Sopranos. Did the Wire not long ago so this is next. Way off the pace I know but better late than never.

RIP
  • raymondo60
    Canny lad wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Sad news indeed.
    But what you gonna do?

Gonna make a point of watching all of the Sopranos. Did the Wire not long ago so this is next. Way off the pace I know but better late than never.

RIP

I envy you canny lad - you have a great new experience to come!
    Raymondo

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Surprised to hear he was only 51, looked a little older.

Shame, great actor
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    51 no age at all.

RIP

Sopranos the best TV ever.
  • DorsetKnob
    DorsetKnob Posts: 79
    True Romance - In my opinion one of the best films, with the best cast, ever made.
    Battaglin C11
    Carrera LRS2
    Carrera Jabberwock
    Kona Paddy wagon fixed
    Carlton Catalina
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I only started watching the sopranos a couple of months ago. Just started the 4th series, it's ace! I've had several people tell me they're jealous that I'm getting to experience it all anew.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • So sad :(
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Think I will watch the last castle tonight.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    DorsetKnob wrote:
    True Romance - In my opinion one of the best films, with the best cast, ever made.
    Agreed.
    But we seem to be in the minority.
    Oh, for the good old days when Quentin Tarantino did the writing and someone else directed.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • raymondo60
    Will watch an episode of the Sopranos in his honour tonight, just not sure which one. There were so many brillaint individual episodes; one of my faves is the last episode of Series 3, where young Jackie Aprila gets whacked, and his funeral is held. Interestingly, the creator of the series originally planned that as the 'last ever' episode but was talked into making more due to the huge success of the series, plus a few million dollars here and there! Or 'Pine Barrens' where Chris & Paulie whack the Russian gangster and try to hide his body in the woods. I don't watch much TV - haven't seen The Wire, or Madman, or many of the other highly rated series, but I can't think of another show that had such a fantastic range of actors in such strong roles. Brilliant stuff.....
    Raymondo

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    Will watch an episode of the Sopranos in his honour tonight, just not sure which one. There were so many brillaint individual episodes; one of my faves is the last episode of Series 3, where young Jackie Aprila gets whacked, and his funeral is held. Interestingly, the creator of the series originally planned that as the 'last ever' episode but was talked into making more due to the huge success of the series, plus a few million dollars here and there! Or 'Pine Barrens' where Chris & Paulie whack the Russian gangster and try to hide his body in the woods. I don't watch much TV - haven't seen The Wire, or Madman, or many of the other highly rated series, but I can't think of another show that had such a fantastic range of actors in such strong roles. Brilliant stuff.....

'Pine Barrens' for me.
    '16 Czechoslovakians'
    'And bring some f*ckin' shoes!'
    Tictacs

Pure genius. :lol:
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    As a tribute, the diner in which the final Soprano's scene was filmed reserved the table at which Tony sat so it couldn't be used by anyone else................a really nice touch I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    This is a very sad loss imo, a fantastic actor in almost everything he did, obviously particularly as Tony Soprano, a part he just made his own SO much, wonderful stuff. Him and Edie Falco, wow, what acting ...

He will be sorely missed, far too young, RIP James ...
  • Spender
    Spender Posts: 87
    Pine barrens was the best.

Rip big man
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Loved the rehab 'intervention' episode of the Sopranos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_peSCECc4I
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!