Boardman Airpro C Headset

Proz
Proz Posts: 136
edited June 2013 in Workshop
Hello.
The headset on my Boardman AirPro is rough with a but of play.
I have tried adjusting it but I think the bearings are gone
I have googled and googled until I can google no more and still have no idea which headset I have.
I know its an FSA but can anyone please tell me which one so I can order one.
This is doing my head in now. Ive mailed Boardman but they have not answered so I now don't know where to turn.
I think the bike is a 2011 model if that matters.

Thanks in advance of any help.
Boardman AiRPro C
Boardman FS Team 650b

Comments

• Proz
    I forgot to mention that I have had the bearings out and there are no markings on them at all that I can see.
    I would actually prefer to replace the whole thing as im sure there's a washer or shim missing .
    I have a feeling this headset was kind of bodged together when sold to me as its always been rough.
    Boardman AiRPro C
    Boardman FS Team 650b
  • Proz
    No one have any idea or point me in some direction ?
    Boardman AiRPro C
    Boardman FS Team 650b
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Drop Boardman an email or drop the bike into a Boardman Elite dealer.

They are quite rare bikes and not many owners will have replaced the headset bearings.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Proz
    I have mailed Boardman through the Boardman website but it just redirects you to Halfords.
    I've emailed Wiggle as well as they are meant to be a dealer as well but as of now I've had nothing back from any of them so I thought I'd ask the experts on here .
    Boardman AiRPro C
    Boardman FS Team 650b
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Measure the bearings using a digital caliper and you'll be able to identify the model /type - needs to be accurate to 0.1mm. Alternatively, take it to your LBS who'll do it for you.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Proz
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Measure the bearings using a digital caliper and you'll be able to identify the model /type - needs to be accurate to 0.1mm. Alternatively, take it to your LBS who'll do it for you.

Unfortunately I don't have a digital caliper and I cant think of someone who does.
    I do enjoy trying to repair thing myself but I may just have to go down the LBS route .
    I cant believe that Boardman ( Halfords ) or Wiggle who are the Uk stockists haven't bothered to answer my email query though.
    Boardman AiRPro C
    Boardman FS Team 650b
  • TheCoo'sTail
    TheCoo'sTail Posts: 113
    Proz wrote:
    Monty Dog wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have a digital caliper and I cant think of someone who does.
    I do enjoy trying to repair thing myself but I may just have to go down the LBS route .
    I cant believe that Boardman ( Halfords ) or Wiggle who are the Uk stockists haven't bothered to answer my email query though.

I could :?
    At the erse end o' a coo!
  • TheCoo'sTail
    TheCoo'sTail Posts: 113
    Spokes in the Tawndres could be the best bet PAL
    At the erse end o' a coo!