Bike insurance

rickypj
rickypj Posts: 42
edited June 2013 in Road general
Hi Everyone,

I Just wanted some advice on how best to insure my bikes. My house contents insures bikes upto £500 each but I have a new cube agree gtc race £1600 and a cube LTD race MTB £1000. I can add these on to my policy at an extra cost of about £130 per year. Is this what you all do or is it best to insure them separately with another company?

Any help would be great

Comments

• Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Hey remember when you posted this thread: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12928182

Because I sure do!
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • rickypj
    yes i do remember but when i looked for it 5 mins later it had gone. sorry for the repost.
  • rickypj
    It has been moved to buying advice, a little notice would have been handy. also i dont think it is relevant for the buying advice section as i am asking who and how people insure bikes.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Yes but you're in the market for insurance which means it will be a future purchase, hence buying advice. If you check your other thread you'll see that someone very kindly posted a link to another topic of the exact subject. If you use the search you'll find even more as this topic comes up a couple times a week.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • rickypj
    Thanks Grill, i will get to grips with this one day