Sub £1000 29er

Sodfoster
Sodfoster Posts: 412
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Thought I would treat myself to a new hardtail on the cycle scheme at work. This limits my spend to £1000 (some shop do allow a little extra) but I was wondering what your thought are on the following two.

Jamis dakota - http://www.evanscycles.com/products/jam ... e-ec041490

Cube ltd pro - http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/9355 ... -bike-2013

In my view there is little in them apart from the forks. Has anyone ridden either? or have any alternatives??

Cheers
Dawes Tamark DX (RIP)

Cube Acid 2010 (RIP)

Saracen Zen 3 (RIP)

Giant Anthem X5

CdF

The whole white bike thing was just coincedence........

Comments

• zr50sl
    zr50sl Posts: 29
    hi,

I had a cube ltd pro and whilst it was not a bad bike,the geometry was quite steep and the fork slightly flexy when things got rough.It was stolen from my shed though and I had it replaced with a Pinnacle Ramin 3 (Evans own brand).Its a mixture of SLX and deore with a tapered steerer and Rockshox recon Gold air fork.It also has more relaxed geometry that the Cube and I find it a far better bike for the riding I do.
  • atomic fox
    atomic fox Posts: 95
    have a look at the canyon yellowstone al 6.9,i ve rode one and they are blindingly quick .costs the same as my boardman pro and comes in at the same weight,around 11.5 kg which is impressive for a 29er at that price.
  • FatBurt
    FatBurt Posts: 70
    I've just got a Norco Nitro 9.1 from Evans under the C2W scheme at £990. it so far feels like a very good bike and is quite well specced.

The 9.2 version is a little cheaper and also carries a decent spec.

I would have gone for one of the Canyon's had I not used the C2W so they are a good alternative option if you can get the cash together (I couldn't hence the scheme)
  • atomic fox
    atomic fox Posts: 95
    ah,the op does say c2w scheme.i would go for the canyon if the cash was there though.
  • slindborg
    slindborg Posts: 98
    FatBurt wrote:
    I've just got a Norco Nitro 9.1 from Evans under the C2W scheme at £990. it so far feels like a very good bike and is quite well specced.

The 9.2 version is a little cheaper and also carries a decent spec.

I would have gone for one of the Canyon's had I not used the C2W so they are a good alternative option if you can get the cash together (I couldn't hence the scheme)

I picked up a Charger 9.2 a couple of weeks back. Its pretty damn fine bar a couple of niggles/worries in that the stays are slinky so come winter I will most likely need skinny tyres to avoid clogging and the tyres it came with are somewhat scary with any bit of lean on :lol: I tried the 9.1 and I'm not entirely sure there was enough of a difference....
  • Sodfoster
    Sodfoster Posts: 412
    Cheers guys, the pinncle looks good actually decent set of forks for the money too! Not liking the look of the Norco's and th Canyon looks mint but isnt available on the cycle scheme.

Any further ideas?? Any suggested Sub £1000 26" ideas are welcome too.
    Dawes Tamark DX (RIP)

Cube Acid 2010 (RIP)

Saracen Zen 3 (RIP)

Giant Anthem X5

CdF

The whole white bike thing was just coincedence........