Bamboo Bike Build

jonflat2
jonflat2 Posts: 10
edited June 2013 in Workshop
So, for no other reason except that I like a project and a challenge, I've decided to (try and) build a bamboo bike.

I've got a reasonable idea of how I might go-about it ... but at the moment I'm not sure where to source the most important ingredient .... some suitable bamboo.

So if anyone has attempted a similar project and can give me any pointers on the bamboo (or any tips on the build in general) that would be great.

Cheers.

Comments

• shortcuts
    shortcuts Posts: 366
    jonflat2 wrote:
    So, for no other reason except that I like a project and a challenge, I've decided to (try and) build a bamboo bike.

I've got a reasonable idea of how I might go-about it ... but at the moment I'm not sure where to source the most important ingredient .... some suitable bamboo.

So if anyone has attempted a similar project and can give me any pointers on the bamboo (or any tips on the build in general) that would be great.

Cheers.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bambo ... =firefox-a

http://bamboobicycleclub.org/
  • jonflat2
    Thanks for the links - but not sure they help track down appropriate materials for a home-build.

I know of the Bamboo Bicycle Club (from memory based in Hackney) - but again, thinking of a home/DIY job, rather than a weekend course.

Thanks anyway!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Grow your own? Could take a couple of year though...
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • shortcuts
    shortcuts Posts: 366
    jonflat2 wrote:
    Thanks for the links - but not sure they help track down appropriate materials for a home-build.

I know of the Bamboo Bicycle Club (from memory based in Hackney) - but again, thinking of a home/DIY job, rather than a weekend course.

Thanks anyway!
    I assumed that some of the links would possibly take you to some blogs/forums that might get you the answer you require.
  • jonflat2
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Grow your own?

It could well come to that!
  • China

Sorry couldn't resist it
  • Follow the Pandas

Sorry I'm bored and couldn't resist it again - I will stop now and go back to that post about the guy who framed some poor sod in India over a wet jacket scam on ebay.