Addict R3

TanukiRider
TanukiRider Posts: 444
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Seems to be quite a fan club for Scotts building on here, and rightly so, great bikes :) So, thought I'd add my new steed!

I have lusted after an Addict ever since I bought my CR1. The CR1 was a great bike, but it was a tad too small, and after 12 months of very happy riding and memory making, I took the plunge, and started looking for an Addict. Westbrooks had none in my size, and I wasnt fussed on a Team frameset, wanted one of the black ones, so when this R3 came up, I bit the guys hand off.

9081529425_babf414c7e_b.jpg
IMAG0221 by addictR3, on Flickr

Took this the other evening during a spin up to the local moors. The "nose art you can see I had custom made, in my own little tribute to Cav who of course rode the Addict at HTC.

9083851124_0a6cc258fc_b.jpg
IMAG0182 by addictR3, on Flickr

Had them custom made in the States, and my own touch of the Welsh flag added 8)

When I bought it, it had a set of Cosmic Carbones, which looked great, but arent suited to the Mid Wales hills, so , I swapped them plus a bit of cash for the set of brand new RS80 C24s that are on it now, and they are great for what I do, I think they look pretty good too.

Weighs a shade under 6.5 kgs now after taking the original 105 groupset off, and putting my Ultegra groupset on, and then putting my Pro Vibe bars and stem on. Just need to find a suitable seatpost now to match the rest of the Pro kit!

Hope you all like her, shes my dream bike!
Scott Addict R3
Boardman CX 2014

Comments

• Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Awesome, I've got the slightly older R3 (posted pics a long time ago, but need to re-post as I've made some upgrades), I just love it, it's fast and responsive. Congrats mate.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • TanukiRider
    TanukiRider Posts: 444
    Cheers, its a great bike, cant beleive the difference between it and my old CR1. It climbs like mental :D
    Scott Addict R3
    Boardman CX 2014