what do you think of when you hear camouflage?

Iskandar von Steuben
edited June 2013 in MTB general
what do you think of when you hear camouflage?

hunting?

or

military?

Comments

• gt5xcr
    gt5xcr Posts: 77
    Either. Is that your bike or clothing?

Gt5xcr
    GT I_DRIVE 5 XCR IN BLUE.

Ride everywhere, To/from work(12hrs work a day/5 days a week) and still the energy to hit the trails.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    c) stalking
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I was thinking of buying some endura hummvee shorts in camouflage design but thought I'll go with black.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I wasn't aware you could "hear" a pattern.

Anyway when i see the word camouflage i think of SAS wannabe's who go fishing on a weekend and own a knife which they show to everyone and justify why they need it in todays society and how it's a farce that they're not allowed it in public.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    swod1 wrote:
    I was thinking of buying some endura hummvee shorts in camouflage design but thought I'll go with black.
    Was the thinking before the thought or after.....what are you copnsidering now rather than what were you thinking then?

I think of a big Marine.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I wasn't aware you could "hear" a pattern.

If you could hear camouflage, it would be sh1t camouflage haha.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I think of a PFC on a search patrol, hunting Charlie down.

Things are never quite the way they seem...

I bought some Endura Zyme 3/4s in grey camo last year, but not sure I can wear them now!?!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Stupidest thread ever.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Agreed.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I hear someone with a weird obsession.

Perhaps it could have strategic cutouts over the abs etc.

Like this maybe
    -5- if there was cycle gear(clothing) that was to follow the 'trend' of showing more skin.(( so kind like 'less is more' ) so for example a garment such as shorts or a shirt would have thoughtfully placed holes or missing elements to expose parts of the wearers body. things like an opening on the chest of a shirt to show off a mans pecs, or a large opening or vent across the shoulders, these examples in particular are to draw focus to masculine parts of the male body there for emphasizing the viewed masculinity of the wearer.) does this intrigue you? would the idea of these garments interest you? do you think you would be likely to purchase a garment that has elements of this 'trend'?

Crotchless shorts would show off some people's masculine parts.

or this thread
    viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12909332

Seriously buy a bike and get a life.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412

A mighty big marine. Exactly what I was thinking, lol. Terrible record. :lol:
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    swod1 wrote:
    Was the thinking before the thought or after.....what are you copnsidering now rather than what were you thinking then?

I thought they might look good but saw this thread before I order.

Camouflage pattern is associated with most extreme sports wear for some reason, I used to wear camo army trousers years ago when skating/ skateboarding it was a big thing and the chain for your wallet.
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I have a couple of pairs of the Endura camo shorts (and black ones), they're alright, but probably not the best things to wear when cycling on the road...

I do carry a knife when riding, but it's not a big jaggedy edged one, just a little red swiss army one. :wink:
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    'Camouflage'.

If you can find it in the shops - it's failed at it's job.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Did you not get the point when everyone took the piss out of your gay riding kit ideas a few months back?
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    d) wannabe weirdies.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • mattyg2004
    mattyg2004 Posts: 196
    Richie63 wrote:
    apreading wrote:
    I think of a PFC on a search patrol, hunting Charlie down.

Things are never quite the way they seem...

I bought some Endura Zyme 3/4s in grey camo last year, but not sure I can wear them now!?!

+1

Although we are defo showing our age
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I have a pair of cammo baggies. They are Army surplus desert trousers cut off at the knee and they are bloody comfy. £8.50 a pair from the army surplus shop in Ormskirk.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap