Indurain`s son...

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited June 2013 in Pro race
...just won the Junior Province TT. Watch out for him. And check what bike he is using.

2c90a89c3f51e48c013f51ffe6040021.image%25253Bjsessionid%25253DECF4CB83CB7636EDDCDD119FB545E5AA.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    There is a story I remember either reading or hearing, which I hope is true.

When Indurain retired he handed back all his road bikes and went back to the farm. After a while he got the itch to ride again, just for fun, so went to the local bike shop and bought himself a bike. When Pinarello heard about this they were astonished and basically said to him that if he ever needed a bike just to get in touch and they would sort one out for him. I just love the idea of a 5 times TdF winner wandering into the LBS looking for a bike !
  • Mccaria wrote:

When Indurain retired he handed back all his road bikes and went back to the farm. After a while he got the itch to ride again, just for fun, so went to the local bike shop and bought himself a bike. When Pinarello heard about this they were astonished and basically said to him that if he ever needed a bike just to get in touch and they would sort one out for him. I just love the idea of a 5 times TdF winner wandering into the LBS looking for a bike !

Apparently his jaw hit the floor at the prices in the LBS, it had been so long since he had to buy his own bike!
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Mccaria wrote:

Apparently his jaw hit the floor at the prices in the LBS, it had been so long since he had to buy his own bike!

are you sure he wasn't wretching at the sight of the modern Pinas?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Mccaria wrote:

and they probably tried baffling him with 'tech' talk.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited June 2013
    I can remember the story in Cycling Weekly, he ended up buying a Cannondale.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    migind.jpg
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    Mccaria wrote:

Reminds of when Paul Scholes came out of retirement to play City in the FA Cup..had no boots so popped into a local shop to buy a £40 pair of Nikes
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Who's your money on?

miguel-indurain.jpg
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Who's your money on?

miguel-indurain.jpg

With or without PEDS?
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Mccaria wrote:

Not sure where the story is from but here is an extract from this months Cyclist magazine - they got a few words with Big Mig at the Granfono Roma

CYC: "... What happened to all those winning bikes and kit?"

MI: "I've kept the bikes. I have 10 lined up in chronological order in a kind of museum in my house in Pamplona"

He goes on to say he gave his 1995 bike to a museum in Barca and a Maglia Rose to Pope John Paul II
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    On campag too. Good lad.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Who told Mig that shirt was a good idea?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    FocusZing wrote:
    Who's your money on?

miguel-indurain.jpg

With or without PEDS?

Did option #2 exist when they took that photo?
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    afx237vi wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    Who's your money on?

miguel-indurain.jpg

With or without PEDS?

Did option #2 exist when they took that photo?
    No no no, it's their:

a) Incredible natural lung capacity
    b) Incredible natural ability to process lactic acid