Surly KM, Blue, 18", Sheffield.

steve1200s
steve1200s Posts: 11
edited July 2013 in MTB stolen
Hi,

My Surly Karate Monkey mountain bike was stolen yesterday from my work on Parkway Rise (near the Parkway). See attached Photo.

Its a one off bike I built myself only 2 weeks ago, and is not avilible with the parts I had on it from any shop. So whoever has it, it is not theirs and they haven't bought it from a shop, they stole it.

Its a distinctive bright blue frame with "Surly" on one tube, and "Karate Monkey" on the other, no suspension, 29" wheels, and rather large standout Conti Race King 2.2 tires with a big orange "29" on each side.

The hubs are Anodised Blue Hope Pro 2 Hubs, as are the spoke nipples (the wheels where built by me, and again can not be supplied by a shop), with black spokes and DT swiss X470 rims.

All the gears are Shimano XT, as are the disc brakes.

The bike was built from a mix of new parts and old (6 years old) parts from a MTB I use to race, and as I made the entire bike myself from bits, it has much value to me.

The actual frame is quite rare in this country, so it would be very hard to sell on (I'm monitoring all site for it coming up for sale).

Frame Number = M12092018

attachment.php?attachmentid=160464&d=1371540554

Anyone who can give me any info that gets the bike back, will be rewarded.

Any info at all would be very much appreciated. I'm hoping it will be seen at Parkwood Springs being rode by some scumbag who doesn't know its value.

Email me at -
dicko_1985@hotmail.co.uk or phone on zero77 3838 668zero.

Thanks,
Steve.

Comments

• Bigmitch
    Bigmitch Posts: 65
    Will keep a eye out work in Sheffield mate
  • steve1200s
    steve1200s Posts: 11
    Bike has now been recovered. Thanks to anyone whos been keeping an eye out for it.
    hugehero Posts: 281
    steve1200s wrote:
    Bike has now been recovered. Thanks to anyone whos been keeping an eye out for it.

Awesome! Congrats mate. Now share the story :mrgreen::mrgreen: