Just got a Focus cayo evo 4.0

McFocus
McFocus Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Just done my first 100km on my (stock) new Focus cayo evo, Feels high quality it's very stiff but a little on the heavy side. At 8.4kg with 105 peddles and f/r lights, Any recommendations for parts or brands that you know may suet the focus well. Thanks :wink:

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    McFocus wrote:
    Any recommendations for parts or brands that you know may suet the focus well. Thanks :wink:

Is it a bike or a steak and kidney pudding? :lol:

Congrats on the 100k, that's a cracking ride, well done 8)
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • Alexvs
    Alexvs Posts: 52
    What did you move from to the Cayo? I'm just waiting for my insurance money to come through and have one waiting for me at the lbs. I think I read in the BR review that it was around 7.8kgs but not sure what pedals that was with. I'm sure even at 8.4kgs it's lighter than my old Specialized Secteur Comp. The wait is annoying now as still have to wait for the cheque to clear and so on grrr!!!
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    Congrats with the Cayo. I bought a Cayo 6.0 a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. Mine weighs 7.55kg (16.64lbs) with the following spec:

Shimano 6700 Ultegra apart from the 105 rear mech and calipers
    Selle Italia SLR XP saddle
    3T Dorico Ltd seatpost
    Deda Zero 100 bars
    Deda Zero 100 90mm stem
    Look Keo Classic pedals
    Yishunbike 38/50mm carbon clinchers (1550g the pair)
    23mm Michelin Lithion 2 tyres
    eBay carbon bottle cage

My bike is a size 48, so will may be a little bit lighter than yours to start with?

IMAG1253_zps38e271ae.jpg
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Congrats on a cracking bike.I had the evo 5 on my shortlist with the giant defy 2 but went with the giant for comfier ride.
    The colours on the 5 were stunning.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 247
    Dennis...that's a sexy bike
  • waterfalll
    waterfalll Posts: 83
    dennis that looks lovely!
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    Thanks guys! :)