Help......Careera vengeance opinions

luvly_jubbly
luvly_jubbly Posts: 2
edited June 2013 in MTB beginners
Right pretty much before I joined the army I enjoyed cycling and running and now I'm out via medical discharge I can't run without pain shouldn't really be cycling either but I hate sitting still!

Never really had a good bike but been offered this for £120 all I'll be using it for is maintaining fitness, mainly cycle track but small amount of road aswell.

What's everyone's opinion? Was bought last year and reason for sale is emigrating.

Bikes condition is great, chain just needs oiled.

Opinions?

Comments

• Gibbo3771
    Gibbo3771 Posts: 145
    For £120 it's good, I have one and I payed around £300 back in 2011 for it, that was a 2012 model. Any idea what model yours is?

I used mine at first mainly for getting back and forth to work and general road/gravel track cycling.

If you are not going to be doing any proper mountain biking then it's a great bike, if you are going to do some light to moderate offroad stuff then it's okish, the forks really let it down :( My mate has a reba forks on his bike and he gave me a shot going off a high curb, the different was amazing :( jealous!!!.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For that age and condition it sounds alike a good buy, but as said it's not really a full on mountain bike, fine for some light off road use though.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.