Surly disc trucker

pnev
pnev Posts: 236
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
New commuting/touring bike build.

muhjpf.jpg

Got a few rides planned, I do a fair bit of charity for pink ribbon, hence the bartape... Well, that and I'm a massive woofter.

Steels real homies 8)

- phonebag things near the seatpost to stop headphone flopage :)

Comments

• Never mind your floppage (is that code for something? :shock: ) what on earth is that thing at the base of your main tube?
    I like it, that's a heavy duty commute you've got there? :lol:

I've converted my CX to a commuter, then to an Audax bike and now towards a Jogler.
  • pnev
    It's a pump... Kind of important for touring tbf

The handlebar bag comes off for the commute. The bikes 28lbs which isn't at all bad for what it is
  • Seems a strange place to put it, especially without a front guard - must get covered in crap? I have a road drive on mine fitted to the main tube. What brakes are you using, I've got bb5's which I find a bit underwhelming, especially the rear?
  • pnev
    I do have a front guard but left it at work :-D

Only reason I mounted the pump there was because I saw mark beaumont did it when he cycled the Americas. Makes sense really, it's out the way.

I'll update this thread in the future when I do a ride with it fully loaded, with full pannier sets... Won't be such a nice weight then!
  • pnev
    Oh and as for brakes I'm using the tektro lyra's. excellent so far... So simple to set up compared to the bb5's and very solid in terms of braking
  • cheers will check them out, also looking at the TRP spyre when they are available.
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Seems a strange place to put it, especially without a front guard - must get covered in crap? I have a road drive on mine fitted to the main tube. What brakes are you using, I've got bb5's which I find a bit underwhelming, especially the rear?

I have some bb5's on my 29er and they work perfectly... took about 10 mins of fiddling and the rear will lock up even when im sitting my large arris on the seat..
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Cutlerclan
    Cutlerclan Posts: 27
    I must be getting old like that !!

youll have to let us know how it rides long distance loaded want to build something similar

dc
  • pnev
    Cheers. A bit away from the normal catalogue bikes you see on here, I've built it up to do what I want, cycle around the world. Albeit a continent at a time