Frame suggestions

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
with a 1.5" head tube

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    mmm let me see. is that a 100mm XC frame or a DH frame or a?

come on give us a clue.

and topic moved to the correct forum.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Canondale Trail SL or Specialized Demo 8. Either is good
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    Potato
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Definately a cannondale bad boy....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    a 2009 Giant Glory...oh, or a 2012 Votec VSX..oh, or a... :?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • supafly1982
    All mountain bike/ Enduro :)
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so 120mm fork?

do you want rear sus?

FFS do we really have to drag this info out of you?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supafly1982
    nicklouse wrote:
    so 120mm fork?

do you want rear sus?

FFS do we really have to drag this info out of you?

yeah it was kind of vauge lol, 140mm fork, full sus preffered
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Smilies and lols? - you sound like a 14 year old who's snuck into daddies beer.
    You may even have a budget in mind.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    starting with the headtube size is an interesting way of choosing a frame. I'm guessing you already have a set of forks with a 1.5" steerer? If so, what forks are they?

And as CD says...what's your budget?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A whole 21 words (1/5 of which are pointless) in 3 posts, so I'll give it the seriousness you are

Cannondale.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    maybe he's just supashy
  • supafly1982
    wow this forum really is going the same way as singletrack, well done for the hospitality!

Yes Flexi I have a set of talas 140 with a 1.5 head tube and the frame would be AM/ enduro

I see cooldad is still the miserable git as always, nice to hear from you again ya grumpy old fart :) lol PS unless you have some sort of Stephen hawking script machine to read to you because your so retarded......then its not sound. :) yes smiley face
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Cannondale Jekyl or Prophet. Not much choice other than Cannondale for a 1.5 head tube.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    unless you have some sort of Stephen hawking script machine to read to you because your so retarded......then its not sound. :) yes smiley face
    Wow, was that even a sentence? I've read that five times now and still don't know what the fukk you're trying to say.
  • cooldad
    Is there a stupid face smiley?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • twonks
    twonks Posts: 352
    wow this forum really is going the same way as singletrack, well done for the hospitality!
    Whilst I'm still a relative newb on bike forums, I've been riding over 20 years and am a moderator on another popular forum.

Your point above is a little daft supafly. You did not ask a specific question, nor did you explain what you are looking for with any sense that could justify a constructive answer.

Don't have a dig at others for your own incompetence.

This forum is full of good advice, but like life if you ask a stupid question - you invariably get an equally stupid answer.
  • supafly1982
    I wanted a general opinion, people to speak what frame springs to mind, if you be specific you will get a specific answer.....If I wanted to be that specific I would know exactly what I want.
    Now I appreciate that some people on here have no real life other than the seriousness that they continue to display on forums, but people can be more accommodating to others without being twats, its simple.
  • cooldad
    The general opinion appears to be that you are a bit dopey.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I wanted a general opinion, people to speak what frame springs to mind, if you be specific you will get a specific answer.....If I wanted to be that specific I would know exactly what I want.
    Now I appreciate that some people on here have no real life other than the seriousness that they continue to display on forums, but people can be more accommodating to others without being twats, its simple.
    Since your only criteria is a 1.5 inch headtube,

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... peed-10040
  • supafly1982
    Im fine with that cooldad, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :)
  • supafly1982
    Since your only criteria is a 1.5 inch headtube,

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... peed-10040

That actually looks like a fun little bike to build