Rockshox Recon Silver Turnkey damper

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited June 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Serviced my forks a while back, I only had a 20ml syringe to measure out the oil to put in the damper. First go I messed up and must have put 1 20ml syringe too much in, it was coming out of the top! Haha

Second go I thought I'd be a bit conservative, and it resulted in me having no damping! This is why I was servicing the forks in the first place as the rebound damping was non-existent after about 6 months of riding them.

I asked at shop last week as I have North Wales in two weeks and want it to be running sweet.

I enquired about it yesterday and they said it's likely that the cartridge could be broken. Is this likely?

What I think I'm going to do is, have a go at servicing it myself again. While I'm at it, is there anyway I can check if the damper is broken? What am I looking for?

Cheers

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Before you put the tk cart back in, open up the rebound circuit fully. Then when in, pump the forks through their travel several times.
  • concorde
    supersonic wrote:
    Before you put the tk cart back in, open up the rebound circuit fully. Then when in, pump the forks through their travel several times.

So take the cartridge out as normal, drain oil, open up the circuit on the cartridge, stick new oil in, reassemble forks then push the forks through their travel a few times?

Excuse my noobness!
  • concorde
    Serviced them, found out why I had no rebound adjustment. The adjuster knob spins freely. It must have rounded on the metal hex part. I serviced them, put them back together and adjust the rebound with an Allen key. Will super glue the plastic adjuster back to the hex shaped bit I think. Pretty crap if you ask me as I've not been rough with the adjuster knob.
  • concorde
    Anybody know where I could buy a replacement adjuster knob?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A Rockshox dealer, TF Tuned etc.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • concorde
    Cheers
  • concorde