Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3 Neon Red

andytee87
andytee87 Posts: 406
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Here's my S-Works Tarmac which I got second hand last spring for a price I couldn't refuse. Love the ride on it, and its super stiff and fills the place in the stable it needs to! The photo isn't the greatest though :evil: :(

9068037522_12f44328f4_c.jpg

Spec is as follows:

Frame: 56cm 'Neon Red' Ltd edition colour
Forks: S-Works carbon
Bars: Zipp Service Course SL 42cm (c-c)
Stem: Zipp Service Course SL 110mm (-6 deg)
Headset: Cane Creek
Bar Tape: Zipp Service Course

Front Caliper: SRAM Red 2011
Rear Caliper: SRAM Red 2011
Shifters: SRAM Red 2011
Front Mech: SRAM Red 2011
Rear Mech: SRAM Red 2011

Saddle: Fizzik Antares K-ium
Seat Post: S-Works (with Zertz insert)

Cranks: SRAM Red 2011
Chainring(s): SRAM Red 2011 50/34
Cassette: SRAM Red 11-26
Pedals: Look Keo Blade Carbon (Red)
Bottom Bracket: SRAM Blackbox Ceramic

Front Wheel: Zipp 303 Clincher
Tire: Michelin Pro 4 Service Course

Back Wheel: Zipp 303 Clincher
Tire: Michelin Pro 4 Service Course

Accessories: Elite Custom Race cages (x2), K-Edge Chain Catcher, K-Edge Garmin mount (both grey), Garmin Cadence Sensor

Weight: 7.4kg as seen (bathroom scales method)

Other info: Couple changes since I bought it, originally wheels were Dura-Ace C1380, Bars Ritchey Logic 2 WCS white, Stem Ritchey WCS black, saddle Specialized Toupe Ti-130.

Wheels are swapped between my Orbea depending on the type of ride I'm doing

Changes I want to make- mainly just the seatpost to one that can take carbon railed saddles, have a carbon Toupe 143 just waiting!

Comments

• Very nice.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Nice bike, colour is really eyecatching.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • your bike collection is filth
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    your bike collection is filth

If that was in my garage I think I would be too confused as to which one to ride. All of them are horny. I wonder which one rides the nicest?
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    In the flesh thats a brilliant colour..
  • andytee87
    In the flesh thats a brilliant colour..

Thanks, I know what you mean! It's hard to photograph well or describe though as differing light can change it from red to orange at times- that's why I'm sticking with black/white finishing or it could end up a mess
  • andytee87
    Calpol wrote:
    your bike collection is filth

If that was in my garage I think I would be too confused as to which one to ride. All of them are horny. I wonder which one rides the nicest?

Haha cheers Al, wouldn't mind your Crux though to be fair!

They all ride different to be honest Calpol, partly due to the frames, but also with the build parts (intentionally different) and I tend to decide on the bike depending on the ride I want to do (or the ride depending on which bike is easiest to hand haha).

The De Rosa is built up for longer, hilly rides, with compact chainset with 12-27 cassette- it's not as stiff as the other two so is really comfortable.

Orbea is quite a harsh ride, you feel a lot of the road through seatpost up into the saddle. With standard chainset and 11-25 it's great for flat/rolling routes, but gets hard work in the hills. It accelerates really well though and the handling is great fun. It's the bronze frame as well, so it's not super light like the s-works could be made.

The S-works is a best of both I'd say. Comfortable but still stiff, climbs really well. Great shape for staying long periods on the drops. I tend to put the zipp wheels on the orbea instead of the dura ace onto the s-works. There's only about 100g between them anyway so it's more when I want aero on the orbea.

Still a tough decision every time though
  • That is one hard sick looking machine!!!
    - Specialized 2008 Roubaix
    - Specialized 2013 Cross Trail Elite Disc
    - Specialized 2011 Allez Triple (Winter Bike)
  • andytee87
    That is one hard sick looking machine!!!

Thanks! I think I know what you mean haha

It's nice when a bike pays you back for any effort you put in with some acceleration straight away. Pretty happy with the position now, so the extra steerer tube will be taken off. Changed the seatpost to a new matte s-works one and saddle to toupe pro- which I prefer but couldn't use with the old clamp. Happy days- cant use the clip in fizik saddle bag with it, so will be jersey pockets only
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    lush...