Will these forks fit?

Siarm
Siarm Posts: 102
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Can someone please tell me if the forks in the link will fit my Specialized Hardrock Pro 2011 with 80mm Suntour XCR

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FORSRSTK100/rockshox_recon_silver_tk_coil_100mm_fork#basket

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if the steerer is long enough yes. Measure your steerer length.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Yes, measure your steerer though, although 250mm should be plenty long enough
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Siarm
    Cheers, yer my steerer is 220mm. I've been trying to find something used, but 99.9% of everything I find the steerer is too short. :roll:
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Out of interest, how are you measuring your steerer?
  • Siarm
    Don't tell me I've measured it wrong. lol

Took the crown race off and measured from the base of the tube to the top. I'm sure that's gotta be right?

ForkSteererLength_zps7efefc47.jpg
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    No, that's correct. I thought you might have been measuring on the bike.

Depending on the spacer and stack heights of things you could go shorter and compensate to your preferred height with steeper stem.
  • Siarm
    Ok good.

Yer I was just thinking about the stem, pretty sure mine is 6 degrees. I've seen quite a few forks at 210mm or so that difference could be made up with stem or bars.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What height of spacers is your bike running above the headset and excluding the stem, they can just not be used!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Siarm
    There's 2x 7.5mm spacers and a 5mm one, so yer could take one of more out.