Edward Snowden. How long before the sex offence accusations?

hipshot
hipshot Posts: 371
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
The UK and US security services must be desperate to 'Do An Assange' and discredit him in some way to reduce the impact of the story and divert our attention elsewhere. The people he is embarrassing are espionage agents after all.

Comments

• rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Julian Assange has done a pretty good job of discrediting himself to be honest.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Yeah, he really didn't need any help.

Comparing these two really is a matter of apples and oranges..
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Oh well, ok then. He shagged me. :cry:

There you go!
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Although the 2 cases are different, I'd be very surprised if something 'dubious' isn't discovered about Snowden that allows him to be deported or extradited to be put on trial in the States. It's how these things work.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    Its really easy to break the law in the USA (and probably here as well), because there are so many to chose from. No-one really knows how many US laws there are . He probably broke some law like 'taking a shower whilst naked" which is illegal in Florida.
  • GiantMike
    MichaelW wrote:
    He probably broke some law like 'taking a shower whilst naked" which is illegal in Florida.

But that's the point. Assange may not have broken any laws, only be accused of doing so. Snowden could be accused of anything and have to be extradited to face justice.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Funnily enough, he has been accused of breaking the law - he's been accused of working for the security services and leaking classified information. I always assumed that was against the law in most countries?
  • GiantMike
    bompington wrote:
    Funnily enough, he has been accused of breaking the law - he's been accused of working for the security services and leaking classified information. I always assumed that was against the law in most countries?

If he claims it's a political act he could try for asylum and fight an extradition.

On a positive note, Stuart Hall has been banged up for 15 months. It's a kock-out.
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Not sure how his freedom will end, but if he got on a plane where I was sitting I would get off straight away.
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    Well fortunately we have Rupert Murdoch's Fox News network here to provide a soapbox to all who want to call Snowden a traitor for illegally leaking illegally obtained information. Funny how that works.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Can't really understand this, has he just told China that the US are spying on them?, well that was a big secret.

On par with at one time all the governments of this country denying knowledge of MI5 and MI6 even though they were in those big buildings just across the river. God here comes GCHQ!!!!!