Hope Valley Routes?!

williamcope1990
williamcope1990 Posts: 22
edited June 2013 in Routes
Hi,

I went out on a ride today for the first time around Ladybower and the Derwent very good fun but ended up doing alot of pushing!!!

Would it be better do go down near Hagg farm and push up the Beast or the other way round?

Cheers

Comments

• altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    I suppose it depends on where you need to be/get to.......i wouldnt suggest trying to ride/push up the Beast or Hagg farm,if you need to get back out of Woodlands Valley back to Fairholmes try going up Rowlee Farm,as far as i know this is the route most peeps take.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Down Hagg Farm then ride past the bottom of the Beast,through the gate and along the side of the Reservoir.After a few Hundred yards there's a steep but ridable doubletrack off to the right.Take this and as it levels out go right through a gate and climb onto Whooler Knoll.You then join the maim path that goes from Win Hill to the Roman Road,follow this then go down the Beast and back up to the bottom of the Hagg farm track.Turn left along the A57 for about 500m then turn right past Rowlee Farm to climb steeply(but again ridable) to the top of The Hagg Farm descent 8)

More riding less pushing :wink:
  • Nice one!!

Cheers for the help, I ended up riding but mostly pushing up Hagg Farm the other day!

I did end up getting lost but found some brilliant single track down to the Visitors Centre, I suppose getting lost isn't so bad!

Cheers for that ibbo, you cant beat abit of local knowledge, it says alot when everyone is riding in the opposite of you!!

:lol:
  • http://www.peakdistrictonline.co.uk/the ... c1977.html
    I did this before. Pretty good and challenging