one23 armour tape

tbloke
tbloke Posts: 109
edited November 2013 in MTB buying advice
anyone ever used this stuff? can it be removed without leaving a mess etc?

i know everyone has differing ideas about how to protect a frame and whether its even necessary or not but i have just bought my first ever new bike. A carbon scott and would like to keep it looking good for as long as possible.
My old bike had tape on it when i bought it secondhand and it has kept the frame looking real nice and is also easy to clean as nothing seems to stick to the tape, so i would like to replicate this, the tape thats on it is kind of "spongy" as in you can mark it with a nail but the one23 armour tape is just like wide sellotape so has anyone ever used it and is it any good?

Comments

• Did you end up getting this? I'm in the same position as you.
  • tbloke
    tbloke Posts: 109
    Chunky101 wrote:
    Did you end up getting this? I'm in the same position as you.

yeah i did i bought a roll of it from tredz. Its nowhere near as good as the stuff I've had previously as its not got that spongy feel that the proper thick stuff has, the best way i can describe is is like a wide industrial kind of sellotape. I've had it on the bike now for 4 months and its done a pretty good job but its starting to peel off where the contours of the frame are as it doesn't mould around corners as good as the proper stuff but its cheap and it does give protection, i guess you get what you pay for mate
  • Good to hear, thanks for the response :)