Paypal fee?

senoj
senoj Posts: 213
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Just bought something through the forums,
I'm sure it used to be free to send money as a Paypal gift, even if it was sent from your debit card.
I sent £90 and they charged me nearly £4.
I didnt want to muck the guy about so stumped up the extra,but damn.

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    It's free on money you have on account (3 Days to transfer funds is over the top) but not on debit cards for some time, not sure if it was different previously. It is a bit ridiculous since you get no protection with PayPal gift I believe, so you may as well do bank transfer for free in future.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    +1 nathancom, I always use online banking for transfers. Using the free quick transfer system now up and running money received within seconds.

Triple check the account and bank numbers though as it is a bu**er to correct.
  • senoj
    senoj Posts: 213
    I paid off a loan once using a bank transfer and the Building Society said they had not received the funds.
    After two weeks they said they had, I had a bit of a sweat on, and havent used BT since,although like you said ill triple check it and use it in the future.
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    I'll always try and use bank transfer but I'm amazed at the number of people who insist on paypal and I have to pick up the charges! They seem to be afraid of supplying acc no and sort code as if I'm going to pass them to the crimal fraternity.
    I had to point out to one person that everytime you issue a cheque you supply your acc no and sort code.