yeti ASR 7 might be a bit big.

ashleygreen
ashleygreen Posts: 46
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi there this is my post from my mountain bike on the forum and unsure what to do.

Ive put all the parts on and wheels now. It looks good but I am a medium frame normaly and yeti have said I am a medium but my groin is about 2 inchs from the top tube, the reach is perfect but when I finally buy my reverb seatpost I think I will be balancing on my tip toes or maybe not on my tip toes. Any advise ?

Thanks

ash

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    So what - you ride it, you don't walk it.
    And a reverb shouldn't effect saddle height unless it's dropped.
    FWIW I can't touch the ground on both sides, even on tiptoe.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Thanks thats what I need to know. Your rite just ride the bloody thing :lol:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    cooldad wrote:

The reverb affects saddle if you can't get it low enough, the collar on any dropper post means if you have too tall a seat tube, you possibly can't get the saddle low enough when it's at full extension. T'is a problem for some people.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Hi there this is my post from my mountain bike on the forum and unsure what to do.

Ive put all the parts on and wheels now. It looks good but I am a medium frame normaly and yeti have said I am a medium but my groin is about 2 inchs from the top tube, the reach is perfect but when I finally buy my reverb seatpost I think I will be balancing on my tip toes or maybe not on my tip toes. Any advise ?

Thanks

ash
    so how is this buying advice?

seen that stand over sticky in the general section? 2 inches is more than many have. toes touching the ground while seated in your dreams if you can your saddle is too low. way too low.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:

Thanks

ash
    so how is this buying advice?

Sorry about that I didnt know what to put it under as maybe I would have to buy another one.
  • Thanks for the advice guys I think im gona get on with it and buy the reverb post.