Which one???

ducatikid
ducatikid Posts: 15
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Hi everyone,

I'm new to road cycling and have my heart set on two bikes. The new Boardman Carbon ltd edition for £999 or do i go the extra £200 and get the Planet X carbon Ultegra?

I'm hoping to get one tomorrow so need an answer tonight if possible.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    New to cycling you say. Try sitting on a bike or two instead before making decisions. Plenty of bike shops around.
  • ck101
    ck101 Posts: 222
    Planet X for sure, that offer is excellent. The Blue also looks the biz.
  • KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    New to cycling you say. Try sitting on a bike or two instead before making decisions. Plenty of bike shops around.

^^^^^^^^this

I had my heart set on a specialized when I was looking for a bike, thinking which model I wanted, but when Igot to sit on one, the giant iI have now was sooooo much better, no bike will be the same for you as it is for someone else, you need to get places and try them, not look at them on a screen :) whatever you get, enjoy it :)
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • ducatikid
    ducatikid Posts: 15
    I bought the Planet X today, the salesman was really helpful and went through everything i wanted. We tried a few different settings and the bike felt great, i forgot to mention that i have been using my father in laws old Dawes Stratos which he kindly gave me but it never felt right. Just need to get on it now and do some miles! I also bought a carbon hardtail Lurcher frame which i will build up over the next few months. :)