Rose Xeon RS 4400

karama
karama Posts: 18
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Had the bike for around a week and the only reason I'm not on it right now riding is because my brother came by with his new camera and he took some pictures. So I thought I might as well make use of the pictures here. :)

The bike's an alu frame but rides just as great as some other "brand name" £2k+ carbon bikes I've ridden.
Things I really love about it is the handling and acceleration.

I know there's some things on the bike to offset and fit better. All in due time.

nzj8.jpg

g3dg.jpg

i5uv.jpg

kwxt.jpg

zn4h.jpg

zhq.jpg

Groupset: SRAM Force (compact crank)
Wheels: Mavic Ksyrium Elite S WTS 2013
Handlebars: Ritchey WCS Evo-Curve
Stem: Ritchey WCS 4 axis

Saddle: Prologo Zero Pas ti 1.4
Seatpost: Rose RC-180 full carbon

Pedals: Ultegra PD-6700C carbon

Other: Elite Custom Race bottlecage

Comments

• TKF
    TKF Posts: 279
    That poor chain.

Bike looks great. Like that saddle. I'll be on the hunt for a black one when I change my rapidly grubbying bar tape.
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    TKF wrote:
    That poor chain.

That was my reaction, I thought that chain line through the RD shouldn't go past 6 o'clock when in big-big?

Nice bike still, bit black though. :wink:
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Classy looking bike, How much has it all cost you in total if you don't mind?

and I'm really diggin that saddle, whats it like for comfort?
  • karama
    Thanks for the input guys. :)
    TKF wrote:
    That poor chain.

I'm kinda new to road biking so I appreciate all the hints. Is it too tight? Too loose? I haven't felt or heard anything "bad" while shifting. I have warranty for everything that I'd happily use and point to this thread for reference :P .
    dwanes wrote:
    Classy looking bike, How much has it all cost you in total if you don't mind?

and I'm really diggin that saddle, whats it like for comfort?

The bike was on sale for £1396 at their website in limited sizes. Stated as a 2012 model, but the only difference from the 2013 model was the seatpost and saddle. Everything else is the same.
    I got lucky with the carbon pedals as I bought the last pair from a sports chain here in Sweden that went out of business and had big clearance sale, got them for around £40.
    So total not over £1500 and I feel I got a lot of value for the money :lol: .

I've only tried the saddle for shorter rides and It's been comfortable so far.
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Chain stretches over two big cogs
    What a lovely bike that is, enjoy
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • Danny87
    Danny87 Posts: 121
    Nice looking bike that :)

Well specced for sure.

I don't care personally about what gear it's in :)
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    The chain thing is just that you should ride in big/big (or small/small) because the angle of the chain causes more wear.

You can get the same ratio by the small chainring and about halfway down the cassette with a much nicer chain line.

Obviously it's just a static photo so doesn't mean you ride like anyway.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • karama
    k-dog wrote:
    The chain thing is just that you should ride in big/big (or small/small) because the angle of the chain causes more wear.

You can get the same ratio by the small chainring and about halfway down the cassette with a much nicer chain line.

Obviously it's just a static photo so doesn't mean you ride like anyway.

Yes, I never ride in that gear. It was only set up like that for the pictures :P .
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Clearly my post should also say 'shouldn't' rather than 'should'.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • I've just been looking at Rose bikes myself, seem like great value.

Lovely looking things too.
    Planet X XLS 2013
    Planet X London Road 2015
  • karama
    I've just been looking at Rose bikes myself, seem like great value.

Lovely looking things too.

It's really great value for the money and the options to change to different brands between items with no extra charge and get to choose your own size on everything is great. For me with short legs, longer torso and wide shoulders it was nice to get it all in correct sizes without having to spend money later to swap things out :) .