Bottom bracket help...

Dawesy92
Dawesy92 Posts: 606
edited June 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, rigjt just a quick one really, changing the set up on my bike, to full x9, I have the truative x9 crankset with the gpx bottom bracket, gettig ready to install, but not sure what grease or where I should grease, so can anyone give me and insite?

Help is much appreciated! :-)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    All the places it says on the fitting info.

Under the seals on the splines on the threads.

Manuals can be very good to read as they even show you where the spacers should be and how to remove any play if you still have some when you have correctly torqued up the self extracting bolt.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    ThanKs for the sarcastic reply, acctually im asking as it doesnt have any fitting info with it, was off ebay, all new, but no fitting info. Only thing I have is the torque settings ad they are on the bracket.

Any where I can get the fitting info from online at all?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I would start with Sram's website.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Dawesy92 wrote:
    ThanKs for the sarcastic reply, acctually im asking as it doesnt have any fitting info with it, was off ebay, all new, but no fitting info. Only thing I have is the torque settings ad they are on the bracket.

Any where I can get the fitting info from online at all?

so why did you not ask for it then?

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/WzonT ... sets_1.pdf

if you have looked and not found it say so.

and have a read

viewtopic.php?f=10004&t=12561058
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown