KS Lev cable gripper

baldymatt
baldymatt Posts: 18
edited August 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello!

This probably overlaps into buying advice too but here goes:

The cable gripper on my KS Lev has broken. It's the little rectangular piece of metal that lives underneath the the KS logo on the seatpost itself. The two little hooks that connect to the mechanism that operate the post have snapped :( . I bought it from Superstar a couple of months back but they have sold out and as far as I can tell they are the only UK distributor. Does anybody have any idea where I'd be able to get one from or any inspirational ideas of what i could fashion a new out of?? Has anybody else had this problem? Help!

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    SS are no longer the UK distributor...there isn't a UK distributor at the minute but KS are due to announce one soon.Try http://kssuspension.com/ .
  • baldymatt
    Cheers ibbo68! It's appreciated!

Just found a link to pure racing on the ks website. They're down as the registered service centre in the UK, I'll contact them and see if I can get any joy.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Pure is/was SS. A guy here in Sweden, who bought one from SS, was directed to the French distributor for warranty work by KS.
  • baldymatt
    Oh bloody hell! France?! I'll see what SS and pure come back with, I emailed them both earlier on. The wife's uncle is a welder though so he might be my plan B if all else fails!

Thanks for your help warpcow! :)
  • Just in case any body wanted to know, Jungle Products are now the UK distributor/service centre for KS. They seem pretty helpful so far.

Matt
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I was directed to France and they were unable to help unless I got a UK dealer involved to ask for the spares. It was irritating, as I couldn't find many and they didn't want to help when I did try one. Eventually I gave up and found an American friend to let me use their address, and KS USA were then excellent. Hopefully Jungle are as good here in the UK now.