Watching on the Ventoux

pdstsp
pdstsp Posts: 1,264
edited June 2013 in Pro race
Thanks to some clever hiding of the tour route from Mrs pdstsp we are going to find ourselves staying in Vaison la Romaine for the period the tour is in the area. Now as a knowledgeable bunch I was wondering if any of you lot know whether it is possible to ride up the Ventoux from Malaucene on the morning of the stage, dropping down a little way towards Bedoin to watch, then back over to Malaucene, or will we need to ride round the mountain to Bedoin and climb from there. I am concerned that with all the stage village and finish line and buses etc the whole area towards the top on the Malaucene side will be closed off.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Not sure if that side of the climb will be closed or not (my guess would be it's closed) but you don't have to ride over a mountain to get to Bedoin from Vaison la Romaine. There is a bit of a climb over La Madeleine, but it's not too hard. It will get your legs warmed up for Ventoux! :wink:
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Yeah I know that route - it was more laziness - maybe having an extra half hour in bed!! Thanks for the reply - I suspect you're right - but could be fun riding up early in morning from Bedoin with the crowds cheering us on! Last time I climbed it all I could hear was panting!