Tour de Suisse - Stage 7 *Spoiler*

124»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    Turfle wrote:
    I have been watching cycling on tv since the 80's and I can not remember that happening before with the overhead signage.. IIRC some side barrier malfunctions

Seen them go down, never seen them actually block the road before.

yeah waiting someone to disprove me with a youtube clip
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    BMu7cpHCIAAYT1Z.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Looks like the Gruyere melted....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    ddraver wrote:
    Looks like the Gruyere melted....
    :lol:

Yes, but Gruyere isn't supposed to have holes in it.
  • knedlicky
    Not sure about that TJ move though. Not the first time he has left his leader....
    TJ didn't do any work though. Maybe Frank said 'Go, I can cope on my own', which he mostly did.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    I have been watching cycling on tv since the 80's and I can not remember that happening before with the overhead signage.. IIRC some side barrier malfunctions

Random Swiss rider leads, random Swiss rider looks like he might lose lead, random Swiss barrier placed across the road. :lol:

Pinot has been having descending lessons off Wiggins.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Frank retains the jersey - HUGE respect for his ride. The other GT GC riders should have done a lot more damage.

Two amazing stages so far this race. Proper racing.

What do you mean, proper racing? Racing is racing, get a life.
  • tailwindhome
    mike6 wrote:
    Frank retains the jersey - HUGE respect for his ride. The other GT GC riders should have done a lot more damage.

Two amazing stages so far this race. Proper racing.

What do you mean, proper racing? Racing is racing, get a life.

Clearly some races are better than others. No?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Its pro cycle sport. If you only enjoy it if it pans out to your own narrow view of how a race should be contested, or only enjoy it because one of the riders you like wins, then you don't really enjoy pro racing.
    I love cycle sport, not because a guy I like wins, I just love it. Its not always perfect but that's the art of true sport. What you see is what you get.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,452
    mike6 wrote:
    Its not always perfect but that's the art of true sport. What you see is what you get.

Clearly you weren't at the Smithfield Nocture on Saturday then.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Similar thing happened on the 2010 TdF pave stage at the end of the Pave @ Haveluy. One of the caravane vehicles (horse rider PMU?) hit the overhead 10km to go sign. It was re-erected but later fell again with the draft from passing vehicles. Team mechanics & spectators held it up. I was too busy keeping the dust out my eyes to take a photo.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    Need to find a good nickname for this lad as I cant keep typing it out for the next few years.

Dombrowski reminds me of Lebowski. How about 'The Dude'?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Or his Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    RonB wrote:
    Or his Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

:lol: Ron, you're just too damn classy!
  • knedlicky
    Pinot has been having descending lessons off Wiggins.
    In his early days, Pinot was known to cross the last col first (like today) and then never make it to the finish, not far down the other side, as first (like today).

One wonders whether he would have won at last year's Tour stage at Porrentruy had he had anyone close to him when he went over the col there shortly before the finish.
    He was about 1-30 clear going over the col, but in the end only won by 26 secs, so losing around 1 min in just 16 km, 8 km of which were descent, to the group of 10 behind him.
  • knedlicky
    Pinot, Mollema, TJ and Costa are nearly on Dombrowski
    Need to find a good nickname for this lad as I cant keep typing it out for the next few years.
    You could use ‘Dombro’ (his twitter is ‘twitter.com/JoeDombro’).

Or ‘Browski’. I can’t remember by whom, but I’ve seen him referred to as this, maybe by the Italian press when he won the ‘Baby-Giro’ the other year.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    knedlicky wrote:
    Pinot, Mollema, TJ and Costa are nearly on Dombrowski
    You could use ‘Dombro’ (his twitter is ‘twitter.com/JoeDombro’).

Or ‘Browski’. I can’t remember by whom, but I’ve seen him referred to as this, maybe by the Italian press when he won the ‘Baby-Giro’ the other year.
    No. 'The Dude' is just perfect. The Dude will abide.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited June 2013
    'The Dude' is American and therefore lacks any romance or class.

Dombro works for now I thinks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited June 2013
    Screenshot_2013-06-14-20-36-20_20130614203832697.jpg

265-PIC375870671_zps578d5981.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    Sagan woulda bunny hopped that....
  • frenchfighter
    Last 23km of the race:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10wgz ... rch_algo=2

Attacking from as far out as he did is proper panache. So happy with watching him climb like that. Bodes well.
    (ps. Dombrowski is a Polish name. They are pretty good and exciting these Poles).

--

Dan Martin ‏@DanMartin86 12 Jun
    The sun is finally out and I'm gonna start a race in just shorts and jersey. Only 2nd time this season. Crazy weather year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    I just realised Cancellara is riding this race...
    tumblr_lx0lnc5jgX1qjsbhfo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    One of those blow up banners also fell down in Ster ZLM. Photo on Pez.
    Contador is the Greatest