Campag record 11

thebadgerboy1982
thebadgerboy1982 Posts: 266
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi all,

I don't want to start a campag vs sram vs the world discussion! But....

I thinking of kitting out my new frame with campag record rather than my usual sram red groupset. My question is about the shifter mechanism. I've looked at the campag site and it looks as tho you can shift both up and down the cassette with the mech just behind the brake leaver? If this is the case can you go up and down one cog at a time or does it sweep several cogs up the cassette?
Cheers
Ross

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    The lever does down shifts only, and does multiple shifts.

There's a seperate shifter lever you use with your thumb from the hoods or the drops that does the upshifts, that does multiple shifts too.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    You can do single or multiple shifts in either direction - the lever to go up the cassette and the thumb-release on the inside to go the other way. You can drop from the biggest sprocket to the smallest in less than a second - try doing that with SRAM?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Monty Dog wrote:
    You can do single or multiple shifts in either direction - the lever to go up the cassette and the thumb-release on the inside to go the other way. You can drop from the biggest sprocket to the smallest in less than a second - try doing that with SRAM?

Sram Red is great for it though, if you're used to rapidly clicking a mouse you can bang up through the gears as quick as you'd ever need. I ride Campag, but actually prefer the upshift positivity of Sram Red