I Do Like Fridays - morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,862
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Been a long week with a crappy day ahead, the light at the end of the tunnel is its Friday and therefore pub later

Right onto a full English (ok, it's actualy porridge)

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Aww you ruined my run of thread titles. Today's was going to be "I Do Like Fridays :D..."

Anyway,

Morning Losers!

Today, I am waiting for a phone call that I really hope I get. I will be fidgety and nervous all day until I know, and then either miserable or extremely happy.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    matthew h wrote:
    Right onto a full English (ok, it's actualy porridge)

thats a full scottish :lol:

my working week is nearing completion..... been a nasty wet rainy week in total, and im struggling to find things to do stuck in the office..... beer has been placed in the fridge by the better half for when i get home :D win!!

may fettle in the shed over the weekend to keep the wheeled children in good working order.... depends on how much sleep i want to have....

enjoy your days
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Good luck, Mr Mule. BTW, did you get lucky last night?

Mornin' plugs and sockets,

Fryday = bacons.

And a slightly shorter working day (all things being equal!)

Onwards! To coffee! And piggymeats! And ongoing Acceptance Tests!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    Aww you ruined my run of thread titles. Today's was going to be "I Do Like Fridays :D..."

start a new thread!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    About four hours left of my working week, not that I have done a lot of working during it. HR are still to confirm a start date for the new minion but it has only been 6 1/2 weeks so it would be too much to expect any information anytime soon.

Porridge has been consumed and tea is on the way.

Badminton later and then, possibly, some bike time if it stops raining.

Later......
  • thekickingmule
    matthew h wrote:

start a new thread!
    Meh CBA.
    Clank wrote:
    Good luck, Mr Mule. BTW, did you get lucky last night?
    Nope, didn't even visit her in the end. She messaged saying she had a lot on at work, and needed to clear her head. This was actually fine with me, because I was waiting for a phone call, and probably wouldn't have been great company. She said she still wants to meet up though, so not all hope is lost.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:

start a new thread!

Edited for you - as you didn't get any oats last night
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

hectic morning in work for me today as the test flight goes out live over our network. not really much for me to do as I only look after the displays and they're all working fine :D it's quite interesting seeing all that goes into a test flight though.

aching today after me and northern monkey did a bit of an epic ride last night with over 900m of climbing, got lost, it got dark and we were still on top of the mountain at 9.45 with no lights :lol:

ah well, TFIF. lots of wine will be drunk tonight I can see.

laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Today will be breakfast, haircut, fettling, then work at 3. How much fun can I pack into 1 day?

Later
  • thekickingmule
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

start a new thread!

Edited for you - as you didn't get any oats last night
    Aww thanks chuck!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Today is one of those rare days when there's not a lot happening in uni, so the plan is:
    1) Go to uni, sit through 2 hours of learning how to mend broken bones.
    2) Come home and ride bikes.
    3) Head down into London this afternoon for drinking as it's my housemate's 21st.
    4) Get him completely hammered then tonight meet up and head out with all the 2nd years who have are finishing their exams today.
    5) See how it goes from there.

Win.

Also, good luck TKM
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Aww you ruined my run of thread titles.

I knew this was gunna happen! I wast tempted to do it myself :twisted:

It's Friday woo!

Just looking forward to riding tomorrow. Went to a derelict stip club last night which was pretty funny. They still had all the alcohol behind the bar! I'm not much of a drinker but I've got two bottles of moet - looks expensive :wink: That is all.

Onwards
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Today started good. Hardest decision so far was whether I wanted the bacon in a roll or on a plate.

My files on the pc have been restored, after being wiped last week
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    welshkev wrote:
    aching today after me and northern monkey did a bit of an epic ride last night with over 900m of climbing, got lost, it got dark and we were still on top of the mountain at 9.45 with no lights :lol:

lol, nice one! Where was that to?
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    clamps81 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

lol, nice one! Where was that to?

rode from my place, up over to cwmcarn, did a loop of cwmcarn and did the moors climb back up. i'm sure there's a trail off the moors climb back over towards my place.....we didn't find it :lol:
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon chumps

It's Friday so the bike's in the car but will have to wait until the way home as work's a bore.

This week has seen some serious attempts at cycling to see how my fitness levels have dropped, which is a bit but not much. Last friday saw 20 miles in an hour, Saturday was 40 miles in 2 hours and Sunday morning was another 60 miles in three and a half. Unfortunately all on the road bike. Monday was a quick double loop of Alton Water on the inbred, Tuesday was a double loop of the local routes which are more like concrete, Wednesday night was a double loop of Tunstall on the 456 and yesterday was too much wine and a hangover this morning.

Weekend should be ok as I've got nothing booked in or planned.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Happy Friday one and all, been to watch some Morris dancers at one of the mini monkeys nursery, it's all a bit odd! Fence building and playing bikes awaits for the weekend
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Going to laandaan after work to pick up a new wheel for tomorows activities. Win
  • thekickingmule
    Haven't heard anything about the job yet, so I'm presuming I've not got it.

Meh.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Afternoon Gimps,

The hangover lasted through several meetings today, luckily I didn't drink enough last night to have to try not to throw up but really glad today was early doors at work. Now looking forward to a good doss this evening then tomorrow its sorting the bike out for the London - Brighton ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Well that day promised lots but ended up blowing a large one, the upsides, i got out of two trips to foreign parts that will be crap! Ended up driving round half the country picking up tool kits and paperwork to take to Heathrow tomorrow for the aforementioned trips!

So my weekend will involve work stuff which sucks!

Night all! Have a great weekend/hangover!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er