Win a chance to ride Victoria Pendleton at Cycletta

kelsen
kelsen Posts: 2,003
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    Was the word 'with' deliberately missing or was that a Freudian slip?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    It's a marketing strategy to bump up the view count :wink:
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    It's working! :-D
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,044
    I was so disappointed when I read this thread...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    Also disappointed. The first few times I read it I had assumed the "with" was in there. Couldn't click fast enough when I read it properly.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Apart from the fact that I am disappointed about not being able to ride Victoria Pendleton it is funny how these days it is well seen to have women only clubs, races, series, you name it but hey, bring a men's only club and you will be stoned to death.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    This thread disappoints
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited June 2013
    Lets think about this title for a second.

If the prize was actually a chance to ride Victoria Pendleton, then, assuming she was in agreement with that, she would open to any and all particpants. We could - at a push, and I know some of you already have - assume that there will be more than one winner. We know what that means, chain gang fans.

Now, I don't know about you but when you consider that, as I did, my only conclusion is that I really wouldn't want to win.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Don, if no one has said this you before, I'll say it now: sometimes you think way too much.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I know, but I struggle to understand how a mind couldn't or wouldn't wander onto that little tidbit.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,765
    Still over thinking there.
    If you want to analyse it this is how the average male brain works. Mmmmm, Vicky P, mmmmmm. It never goes further than that because it's never going to happen.
    Now if she came knocking on my door begging me to roger her senseless I'd have to say no because I'm happily married and I really don't want a whiny needy bit of fluff to complicate things. Why throw away everything I have for that?
    BUT, she's not about to beat on my door begging me to give her a jolly good seeing to so I shall revert to mmmmm...
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Still over thinking there.
    If you want to analyse it this is how the average male brain works. Mmmmm, Vicky P, mmmmmm. It never goes further than that because it's never going to happen.
    Now if she came knocking on my door begging me to roger her senseless I'd have to say no because I'm happily married and I really don't want a whiny needy bit of fluff to complicate things. Why throw away everything I have for that?
    BUT, she's not about to beat on my door begging me to give her a jolly good seeing to so I shall revert to mmmmm...

in other words a bit of window shopping!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,044
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You're over-thinking it. Anyhow, if you're married then you probably already have one whiny needy bit of fluff, so one more can't hurt :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]