What rear tyre? New Hans Dampf is too big

Moor
Moor Posts: 6
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
I have just fitted front and rear 2.35 hans dampf super gravity tubeless tyres, first time time with tubeless and after much buggering about I got them fitted only to find the rear is a couple of millimetres too big and rubs on the frame which peed me off some what as you can inagine. So I need to get a 2.25 to replace it, my question is what to get? Ideally schwalbe to match the front, I have a trailstar front and pacestar rear so I guess a pace star is best, I was thinking Racing Ralph with snakeskin, a good option?

Comments

• spacedog
    spacedog Posts: 97
    A nobby nic is one step down from the Hans Dampf, so id look at one of those.

The Racing Ralph is a far quicker running tyre than the HD. RR are great tyres but probably not what you are after if you have an HD 2.3 on the front.

Have a look here http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/all-mountain/
  • Moor
    Moor Posts: 6
    Thanks for the reply, a bit more searching agrees with you that nobby nics are best on the rear with hans dampf so just ordered one with double defence, should be here on Saturday so I can get back out on Sunday. I hope the sealant isn't too messy on the rear hans dampf, I'm hoping I can still sell it on.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    I'd tend to agree with Spacedog, Racing Ralph with HD wouldn't work I don't think as they're to far apart in terms of what they're made to handle
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite