Am I a pussy?

2»

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Some great options there, cheers!

If it makes you feel any better it pissed down all day, i went out for a few miles but binned it, after all why go out and ride in the wind and rain at the weekend when I can do that all week on the commute ....

PS. I went back out on a different bike, with more suitable tyres 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I did it today and yes we did get a bit wet in parts but it wasn't cold and the rain wasn't that bad either. Just ride through it. Only down side was as part of my training I was trying to big ring it all the way but had to climb off on Ditchling due to all the other walks and people stopping in front of me. Couldn't find a gap to get going again after that
  • ransos1
    ransos1 Posts: 34
    :D

I can see that no matter what I say now, I've opened myself up to unending catcalling and miaowing.

So, are there any other, say, 50-80 mile sportives over the next few weeks that would have a reasonable number of entrants - enough to give me some "event practice", and within reasonable reach of SW London?

Take no notice of the keyboard warriors. People enter events for all sorts of reasons - you're allowed to have fun!
  • ransos1 wrote:
    Take no notice of the keyboard warriors. People enter events for all sorts of reasons - you're allowed to have fun!
    Quite. Personally, I wouldn't call deciding not to get out of bed at 5am to ride a stop-start event in the rain whilst suffering from a cold "chickening out", I'd call it common sense.
    Mangeur