The Call Centre

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Dont know if anyone has seen it but find it hilarious.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• apple15
    apple15 Posts: 61
    yep, I' ve met a few Nev's in my time :)
    .......__o
    .......\<,
    ....( )/ ( )...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I think it's hilarious too, that Nev is just like David Brent in The Office, genius :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • It's not meant to be a comedy. I find it very tragic.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Call centres, a plague on modern life, now please select from the following options (all of which will result in the same outcome but will keep you busy for sufficient time until you get frustrated and hang up).
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    It's not meant to be a comedy. I find it very tragic.

I know its not meant to be a comedy, there is clearly some playing up for the camera. What is quite astonishing is the lengths Nev goes to, to keep his staff happy and motivated. He has brought employment into an area where there are real challenges for those under 25 which i find quite admirable.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    yes! particularly enjoyable was the scene where Nev (the perv) pimped that poor girl who'd just split up with her boyfriend all around the office to any bloke who'd have a pop. The girl looked like she wished the ground would open up.

just for balance he was pimping some obviously shy lad around this week.

the place is obviously a den of bullies and sexists.

from other forums nice Nev is not averse to mass sackings either.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    simonhead wrote:
    It's not meant to be a comedy. I find it very tragic.

I know its not meant to be a comedy, there is clearly some playing up for the camera. What is quite astonishing is the lengths Nev goes to, to keep his staff happy and motivated. He has brought employment into an area where there are real challenges for those under 25 which i find quite admirable.

He does seem to be a fairly good boss to be honest, he's managing his staff in a way which is appropriate to who they are ie. young and probably a little immature, his business is clearly a success and he's employing a lot of people who would otherwise probably not have too many other options in that part of the world!!!
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    I've only seen the trailers and assumed it was going to be a mockumentary like a poor man's Office. When I found out it was real I gave it a wide berth. Even from the few clips I've seen he seems to be at risk of opening himself up to various employment laws and whilst bits looked like he was the stereotypical 'office joker' there seemed to be bits of bullying evident which others above have confirmed.

Speaking of call centres though, what has happened to Will Hub? Maybe he is that shy lad someone said was getting pimped around the office :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!