Hi

Rusko187
Rusko187 Posts: 3
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Hi Guys,

I thought I would introduce myself. My names James, I'm 27 and from the Shire of Leicester. I thought I would introduce myself and get to speak with the Road biking community and basically just speak to people who share intrests. I did join another forum RBUK but they were not too particularly friendly.

I have recently bought my first road bike and opted for a Hoy Sa Calobra .002 which I picked up on Tuesday and so far all I've done is change the pedals to Shimano clip ins. I'm yet to go on my first ride (was going yesterday but it bucketed it down so opted against it) but I am looking forward to just getting out there and blasting the countryside.

I took up road biking as I've been tinkering about taking it up for a number of years but recently decided to go for it, I needed to get an active hobby as I'm no longer able to play football and very eager to keep in shape and to keep me occupied. I used to ride BMX but don't think I'm able to take any tumbles like that anymore, aside from that have tried mountain biking with a friend.

So finally I just want to say that I hope to speak with you all and thank you for taking the time to read this :)

Comments

• supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Welcome James, did a 100 mile sportive a month or so ago around loughborough, national forest etc, so you have some decent roads to get out on. Main thing is to just get out there and ride. If you're looking to log your rides then Strava is a good one and also helps monitor how you are getting on.

Be sure to let us now how you find the bike, I like the styling, looks smart.
  • Rusko187
    Rusko187 Posts: 3
    Thanks, I've downloaded the Strava so will give it a go. I must say I'm quite lucky with where I'm located, I live in a village called Rothley and it's right on the edge of the countryside for me so I've got a few beginner routes planned so far.

And I'll keep you all updated on the Hoy, I gave it a test ride and it felt a nice bike... good dimensions, sturdy and light. Couldn't tell you if it's spec'd reasonably
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    Hi James, welcome to the forum. Not been overly active here myself since joining but everybody I've spoken to has been very friendly and knowledgeable. I'm from Warwickshire myself so if you ever fancy venturing over the border and meeting up for a ride let me know.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    hi and welcome james.Glad your enhjoying your new bike and keep us updated on your progress.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    ...and as one of the first people to have bought a Hoy, you can keep us updated on how it rides! ;-)
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Welcome to the forum James, hopefully we'll be a bit nicer than those RBUK yobs! You'll have to post some pics of your steed in the "your road bikes" section as i'd be interested to see some nice shots and as elbowloh says be interested to hear how it rides.
  • I2zy
    I2zy Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

I've also just purchased a Hoy Sa Calobra .002 over the weekend. Have been cycling around my village and commuting to work, all in all about 30 miles so far (not much I know). So far, very pleased with the bike. Geometry suits me, and it's a nice ride, comfortable, good handling. I quite like the colours and design. Probably will change the tryes in time. I had tried several bikes before choosing on the HSC; it was between this and the Cube Peloton Pro in the end, which my LBS had on reduced price similar to the HSC but I think because I'm not that experienced, found the ride of the Cube just that little bit too firm. I too put some Shimano pedals on them. All in all, looking forward to putting more miles with the HSC, certainly with commuting next week.
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Hello, nice looking bike you have there. Enjoy yourself and welcome to the dark side. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...