Apprentices get to ride with Chris Hoy

bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
If ever anyone did NOT deserve the chance to ride the Manchester velodrome with Chris Hoy, it's this bunch of self-important twonks.

Even SurAlan said he'd like to have done it.

Lucky gits!

Comments

• lockstock666
    lockstock666 Posts: 131
    I was a bit jealous yes. The Mrs wasn't.

I was a bit jealous before I realised Sir Chris was there.

Would love to try it out.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    What the flip?

Stick them all in a spa someplace and give the ride to someone who will appreciate it! Like me!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    goonz wrote:
    What the flip?

Stick them all in a deep hole someplace and give the ride to someone who will appreciate it! Like me!

Fixed that for you
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    goonz wrote:
    What the flip?

Stick them all in a spa someplace and give the ride to someone who will appreciate it! Like me!

Turn the heating in the sauna up to max and lock them all in. Particularly Leah, she does my head in, should have gone a long time ago.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    simonhead wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    What the flip?

Turn the heating in the sauna up to max and lock them all in. Particularly Leah, she does my head in, should have gone a long time ago.

Is that the Irish blonde? the Dr? :shock:
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    RideOnTime wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    What the flip?

Thats the one
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    simonhead wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    goonz wrote:
    What the flip?

Thats the one

I'd definitely let her give me the once over but yes I agree stick them all in a deep hole. Especially that dude who waxes his eyebrows!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    simonhead wrote:

Well yeah, but can we wait for a swimming pool / bikini episode first please?
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Why would anyone want to do this anyway? As admirable as the guy's achievements are, I can't imagine what on earth I'd say to him or what he might say to me that he hadn't said in much more interesting detail in his many interviews.

I'd find the whole thing quite awkward, particularly as he's only there for (entirely understandable) reasons like promoting cycling, he's been paid to do it or it's part of some wider deal with the BBC or whichever company makes the Apprentice. He isn't there because he wants to ride with me or because there's any sort of non-commercial link between the two of us. Not that there ever would be, of course.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    edited June 2013
    rodgers73 wrote:
    Why would anyone want to do this anyway? As admirable as the guy's achievements are, I can't imagine what on earth I'd say to him or what he might say to me that he hadn't said in much more interesting detail in his many interviews.

I'd find the whole thing quite awkward, particularly as he's only there for (entirely understandable) reasons like promoting cycling, he's been paid to do it or it's part of some wider deal with the BBC or whichever company makes the Apprentice. He isn't there because he wants to ride with me or because there's any sort of non-commercial link between the two of us. Not that there ever would be, of course.

I agree, would be sh1te for him to have to put on the nice face for a few fans who just would like to pseudo stalk and bore the tits off him.

He'd probably appreciate it if people didn't wanna talk cycling to him and tell him how they own a pinarello or whatever. Chances are he'd rather discuss something completely random I would guess, what with all the berks that go up to famous cyclists and then just talk about cycling.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    mistake double post