I Don't Like Thursdays...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I have the day off work as I have my interview today. Scary times ahead, though I'm not nervous really, more excited as I really want the job.
After that, I need to try and get the car booked in for its MOT :?

After that, I'm heading over to Preston (so the car had better pass!!) to meet a girl. She's pretty hot so we'll see where that leads (probably nowhere). Last time we hit it off, but I had just been promoted and it all went wrong.

Anywho's, Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Be calm, be yourself. And good luck. Hope you get want you want!

.....and that the interview goes well!

Mornin' Exes and double exes,

The ride in today was awesome with me feeling like a riding god. This is tempered somewhat by the fact I had a 17mph tailwind. I won't be quite so lucky on the way back...... Bumsticks.

My new death-ray was fired up yesterday and is currently blatting out an awesome amount of power (over 5x what I had previously). Let havoc and fire reign down upon my enemies. They will kneel before Clank!! KNEEL!!

Before then, coffee.

Onwards! To caffiene! And the same thing we do every night, Pinky: try to take over the world!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Clank wrote:
    The ride in today was awesome with me feeling like a riding god. This is tempered somewhat by the fact I had a 17mph tailwind. I won't be quite so lucky on the way back...... Bumsticks.

+ Potatoe - 34 miles, average speed 19 mph - all on a single speed :)

TKM good luck with interview/MOT & girl - busy day!

Today is, well probably hasstle, the cycle home should make up for it (depending on wind/rain)
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Good luck TKM

Morning bumders. Uni meh today. Bikes this evening, should be fun in this wind. That is all.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    TKM - Good luck with the interview.

For once I woke at my normal time so I'm feeling quite refreshed and ready to go. Hopefully today will go a little quicker than yesterday when the clock never seemed to move.

No bikes today as it was pouring down this morning and I wimped out but I'm playing badminton tonight so I needed my stuff in the car anyway.

Lakes biking planned for the weekend so should manage to get a few miles in then. Just not sure whether to camp overnight or not.

Later......
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Clank wrote:
    be yourself

You've clearly never met him then.

:lol:

S'up homos.

Last few days of being off work. Was hoping to smash out some more big rides, however that's off the cards now for 2 reasons. Firstly, it's raining and generally shlt out there today. Second, I seem to have come down with teh aids. Going to take it easy over the next couple of days and hopefully get right so I can go for another big ride at the weekend.
    Other than that, got to make some adjustments to the roadie today.
    Wonder if we've got any bacons in.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning,
    Having a bit of a doing day today, managed to get a load of shoot done this morning already and sausage has been consumed (see poor mans bacons)
    still waiting on my forks to arrive for the rigid build, but picked up a lovely little mtb for No2 last night for free off a neighbour so i will play with that at some point, see if i can get the forks to actually move? I'll be picking up the GT tomorrow night and start girlyfying it for the wifey.

anywhooo rest rest rest before sundays FoD race Wahoooo!

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    Oh and good luck TKM with job/car/hot chick
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Oh and good luck TKM with blowjob/car/hot dude

EFA - it had to be done!
  • thekickingmule
    Cheers all (I think). Just got back home. The technical test wasn't too bad, I didn't know the software, but I had a good understanding of what to look for. When it came to Macs, I thought they were trick questions as they were so easy. I did what they asked, waited for more and they just smiled saying 'well done!'
    Interview wasn't so great, I answered relatively efficiently, but I was nervous and rambled. I should find out either later this afternoon, or tomorrow morning. I was the first of about 7/8 people.

Not sure I cba with the MOT now, might just move on to the Hot Chick ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I'll be picking up the GT tomorrow night and start girlyfying it for the wifey.

Not a GT force 3.0 by any chance is it :)
  • pesky_jones
    Just dropping in to say - I do like thursadays

Today is CAD, CAD and more CAD. Maybe some calcs later on. Today I am a meh-ngineer

Taters
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    One more sleep to Isle of Wight and in traditional festival fashion it appears to be belting it down! Woo! Packed last night, far too much probably. Have to pick up the middle sister and her friend on the way home tonight, empty the car of rubbish and fill it with tents and booze ready for a 6am start tomorrow.

Listened to the Bon Jovi gig from the back garden last night. Have to say he was pretty good so I'm looking forward to Sunday nights closing set.

Ridiculously excited about camping in a field in some mud and listening to music all weekend. Wooo!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    I'm minging today. Went out and got seriously beered up last night instead of riding. Can't see myself getting out tonight either as for some reason I just don't feel like riding. This is weird as had an absolutely cracking series of rides last weekend.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Afternoon bummers and recipients,

A cheeky 15 hour shift for me today, mostly filled with cleaning chemicals, risk assessments and other such delights.

Waiting for payment details for a frame I hope to purchase, then I'll have a bike and a frame up for sale tomorrow. Gonna just have the 1 little wheeled (carbon) full sus for the time being, then will splash out when I've moved away from Notts.

Onwards, to more 'site specific risk assessments and 'health & safety policies and procedures!'
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum wrote:

You knows it ;)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Afternoon.

TKM, glad interview went well. What the fark is that apostrophe doing in the thread title?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • thekickingmule
    Whoops :oops:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Cheers all (I think). Just got back home. The technical test wasn't too bad, I didn't know the software, but I had a good understanding of what to look for. When it came to Macs, I thought they were trick questions as they were so easy. I did what they asked, waited for more and they just smiled saying 'well done!'
    Interview wasn't so great, I answered relatively efficiently, but I was nervous and rambled. I should find out either later this afternoon, or tomorrow morning. I was the first of about 7/8 people.

Not sure I cba with the MOT now, might just move on to the Hot Chick ;)

statistically you are in a better position to get a job the earlier in the day you have the interview....something to do with the fact that the interveiwers get wear of repeating the same task over and over..... read it on linkedin... there has been proper investigations into it and everything..... allegedly but good luck nevertheless!
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Long day at work - but been out and had a few beers. Got back to back meetings tomorrow, but really don't give a flying **** till I wake up tomorrow feeling like shyte :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Long day at work - but been out and had a few beers. Got back to back meetings tomorrow, but really don't give a flying **** till I wake up tomorrow feeling like shyte :P

thats why I don't drink..... :)
  • pesky_jones
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:

You knows it ;)

Bargain! I would of snapped that up had it been bigger.