Women's cycling

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited June 2013 in Pro race
Hi everyone.

I've just been watching some videos of Vos doing what she does best and it got me thinking about women's cycling. dont know a great deal about it in depth (mainly know team GB riders and the wiggle Honda team) so this is really just from my knowledge.

I've been watching the videos of Laura Trott talking about wanting equality in men's and women's cycling, I would love to see the day where both male and female sports stars are treated equally. Saying that I would like to see a society where men and women are equal.

I have some questions, from the research I have done women's race's are generally shorter (see British National road race) and obviously command less prize money. Is the money just to do with the lack of sponsorship in the events? Is the gap changing is it getting better or is it getting worse?

Does anyone follow the argument that is often used at Wimbledon, saying that the prize money is directly proportionate to the amount of sport done: so shorter races, less money.

Would love to find out more about women's cycling so any information you can pass on would be brilliant.

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    You could try the women's cycling thread already on this page ;)