Da Kaiser speaks...

josame
josame Posts: 1,162
edited June 2013 in Pro race
'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    As before, Ullrich would not directly address doping charges against himself,saying only “I made mistakes, but I'm not a bad person.” And when confronted with his earlier statement that he had never betrayed anyone since all the riders were doing the same thing, he answered “Exactly”.

lol
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 15m
    Jan says Lance did “enormous harm” to cycling, particularly in Germany"… Really Jan? Hello Pot? It's kettle

Dont often agree with Race Radio but, THAT!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Why wouldn't you agree on most RR say? Unlike the twitterati he actually seems to like the sport that is cycling.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    ddraver wrote:
    Race Radio ‏@TheRaceRadio 15m
    Jan says Lance did “enormous harm” to cycling, particularly in Germany"… Really Jan? Hello Pot? It's kettle

Dont often agree with Race Radio but, THAT!

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans

Jan, tell us you were being ironic inside at least
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Well clearly it was Armstrong's fault as no German pro cyclist would ever get caught up with drugs. You can go through the pro ranks A-Z and its clean, that would be Aldag all the way through to Zabel. All clean......
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    He doesn't say that though, he says "It is too bad that cycling received enormous damage from this Armstrong story". His point is that the story has damaged cycling. I don't agree with this, but I can see why someone would say it.
  • josame
    Jan is Da Man, let no one say otherwise...
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    German TV had stopped showing the tour, German pro teams had closed down as sponsors walked and German pro races were cancelled long before the Armstrong story came to the point where he was banned and subsequently confessed. The damage was done by a series of doping revelations amongst the German heroes of cycling, including Jan's. Understand what he is saying but the reality is that the undermining of pro cycling in Germany was largely done by loss of faith in its own riders.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Mccaria wrote:
    German TV had stopped showing the tour, German pro teams had closed down as sponsors walked and German pro races were cancelled long before the Armstrong story came to the point where he was banned and subsequently confessed. The damage was done by a series of doping revelations amongst the German heroes of cycling, including Jan's. Understand what he is saying but the reality is that the undermining of pro cycling in Germany was largely done by loss of faith in its own riders.

^This
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Mccaria wrote:

^This

This does hit the spot and Jan should acknowledge his part in that. I always had some respect for him because he wasn't the bully LA was. Comments like the one's he has just made make him look stupid though. He should be working tirelessly to get German media/sponsors back on board.

I don't know if he runs a team or is part of one but he must have a few quid in his back pocket, he could do a BundesRepublic Youth team ala Mansell couldn't he?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Have I missed something in his annointment to the throne but shouldn't it be "der Kaiser"?
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • josame
    Have I missed something in his annointment to the throne but shouldn't it be "der Kaiser"?

Literally, there is no place for comments like that... what is the grandest title that a pedant can aspire to? :roll:
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    josame wrote:

Literally, there is no place for comments like that... what is the grandest title that a pedant can aspire to? :roll:

Once again I am forced to ask, where's the "Like" or "exalt" button on this forum ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206

The correct spelling is actually 'anointment'.

Whatever the crown of pedantry is called I would like to apply.
  • josame
    josame wrote:

Once again I am forced to ask, where's the "Like" or "exalt" button on this forum ;)

Now you are talking... 'exalt' I'll happily accept :)
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    You only get a pendant ...
  • josame
    You only get a pendant ...

*applause*
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    Jean Sibelius: "Pay no attention to what critics say. No statue has ever been put up to a critic."

Pedants are a subset of critics, so there are certainly no statues available.