Ferrari on Osy`and Argos` `secret` technique

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited June 2013 in Pro race
Interesting read. No benefit according to his testing.

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=127

According to him:
I have been cycling for over 30 years, I cover about 14,000 km/year both on the flats and uphill, I have an anaerobic threshold at 4 mM of lactate of about 320w, with 72 kg of weight. I use 170mm cranks.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    He's wrong... Wiggins no longer uses Osymetric
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I would have thought their benefit or otherwise would in part be related to the pedalling style of the rider. I can see them being of more use to a rider with a smooth seated pedalling style like Wiggins than a rider with a more stomping out of the saddle style like Contador.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Percy Vera wrote:
    He's wrong... Wiggins no longer uses Osymetric

Date of the article is 4 Apr. He stopped using them sometime this year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    RichN95 wrote:
    I would have thought their benefit or otherwise would in part be related to the pedalling style of the rider. I can see them being of more use to a rider with a smooth seated pedalling style like Wiggins than a rider with a more stomping out of the saddle style like Contador.

I can see the opposite
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I can see the opposite

This is what Fred Grappe, the head FDG Performance guy reckons. During the final stage of the Dauphine, Grappe was watching and tweeted the following (put through Google Translate, so excuse the pony translation):

Fred Grappe @ fredgrappe 3d
    Froome has a very personal cycling technique which takes into account its physical dimensions + properties mécaniq muscle

Fred Grappe @ fredgrappe 3d
    His pedal stroke is smooth with a velocity + + despite sluggish ankle> Plateau non-circular may be ideal for him!

Sluggish Froome ankle!
  • frenchfighter
    Helmantel has also been working on a new training technique at altitude and confirmed that some real benefits were seen. “Of course we won’t reveal our secret,” he said, conscious that their rivals may try to mimic that training. “But yes, a new study showed us that we can improve the sprints of Marcel and John while training at altitude. So we have done this training and to be honest, I was impressed with the results.”

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14757 ... z2W0ZAPMg9
    Contador is the Greatest
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    ^ Let's just hope it removes Degenkolb's ugly pedalling style. Should be blurred out in the TV footage. Ugly. :lol:
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,563
    There is something about reading a Dr. Ferrari article that makes me feel like I'm reading something written by Dr. Evil and his cat.
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    TheBigBean wrote:
    There is something about reading a Dr. Ferrari article that makes me feel like I'm reading something written by Dr. Evil and his cat.

It always makes me a feel a bit conflicted. On one hand I find it really interesting, as he's clearly very knowledgeable. But given his history I can't help feel I'm doing something very wrong.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    gpreeves wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

It always makes me a feel a bit conflicted. On one hand I find it really interesting, as he's clearly very knowledgeable. But given his history I can't help feel I'm doing something very wrong.
    It's an example of what I call a "Michael Jackson Quandry"
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I always think that some things like this are very much a placebo effect (similar to gels and that tape).