Leicestershire SuperTour 2013

hughmc2
hughmc2 Posts: 23
Hi all,

on sunday the 9th I took part in the Leicstershire SuperTour. Having started this year the only other organised ride I had taken part in was the Century Cycle Challenge ( so I don't have much to compare it with )

It was bloomin' brilliant ! The course was very tough. Much tougher than I expected. I live in Leicestershire and mistakenly thought that once we were out of Charnwood Forest it would be plain sailing. How wrong was I ?

The event seemed well organised, well signposted and the feedstations were well stocked and at just the right time ( especially the one just after that hill coming from Saddington into Gumley. That was a shock ! ).

What surprised me most of all was how friendly everyone was. I have played a lot of sports, some at a decent level and have never been made to feel more welcome at an event. The guys who parked to the left of me were nice ( Kuota Kult rider ? ), the guy totting up as many miles as possible in a year who parked to the right of me was nice and "Jason", who I paced myself off on the ride could not have been nicer. ( I did the Long Route, 115 mile with diversion, in 7 hrs 26 mins with his help ).

I have now signed up for the Stratford Tempest and plan to get in at least 3 more after that this year. :D

Comments

• oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    The first and third quarters of the race are quite tough- Charnwood and as you mention Gumley and Rutland, with a fun chase home.

7.26 is a good ride. We were a bit slower at 7.51, and we are off to the Marmotte at the end of the month! Well done and stick at it.
  • hughmc2
    hughmc2 Posts: 23
    the Marmotte, I envy you !

maybe next year.
  • Emphursis
    Emphursis Posts: 124
    I was really tempted by this, but I wasn't in Leicester that weekend. Looks it was a good route though.