Summer Madness: Penny Farthing Racing

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    That looks so funny - and that crash is exactly why I wouldnt buy a cheap penny farthing from china :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    He makes quite and effort and manages to hit the road with his foot flat on the floor. Good effort at that speed.

I wonder how many times he's done that before.

Some people never learn. :D
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    My dream is to one day start a Penny Farthing hill climb series. :D
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • RideOnTime
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCksQOo6Fw

They fall off in Matlock as well. :D:D:D:lol:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpCksQOo6Fw

They fall off in Matlock as well. :D:D:D:lol:

Looks like he falls off right on the finish line...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    You will have to unconfuse me rideontime.

First we get a link to how Scottish Tourism could be transformed with increasing the attraction of cyclists. Then we get a Penny Farthing race in Australia (I think), then you show the perils of riding one of these contraptions (to which we have evolved somewhat) !
    So you are saying that we should encourage Penny Farthing races inScotland to attract an eclectic few just so that they can clog up the A&E departments all over this Bonnie land which are already busting at the seams with domestic violence cases, drug taking, chemical imbibing, glue sniffing, extra-ordinary dietary shortfalls and normal general alcohol use?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355

First we get a link to how Scottish Tourism could be transformed with increasing the attraction of cyclists. Then we get a Penny Farthing race in Australia (I think), then you show the perils of riding one of these contraptions (to which we have evolved somewhat) !
    So you are saying that we should encourage Penny Farthing races inScotland to attract an eclectic few just so that they can clog up the A&E departments all over this Bonnie land which are already busting at the seams with domestic violence cases, drug taking, chemical imbibing, glue sniffing, extra-ordinary dietary shortfalls and normal general alcohol use?

Don't forget congenital stupidity
  • RideOnTime
    marylogic wrote:

Don't forget congenital stupidity

Time and tide doth wait for no man.

What's happen here is that the news page has moved on to look at the impacts of cycling on the economy of wee bonny Scotland. The Penny Farthing article has slipped a slot but is still there below.

Picture is from Australia.

The footage is Australian I think.

Then there's the nut job who comes off - who as Mr Eastwood suggests may be indeed riding a cheap Chinese import... who knows?

Then we move to watch a man come off in Matlock... and seemingly try to behave as if nothing's happened.
  • RideOnTime
    Looking at the Matlock footage again it looks like his bike has just snapped into two.

It shouldn't be in bits like that - should it?
  • RideOnTime wrote:
    It shouldn't be in bits like that - should it?
    Makes me wonder how many people's last words were the above.
    Mangeur
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    I would like to make it clear that when I used the phrase "congenital stupidity" I was referring to Scottish A+E attenders, not any of the posters.

I briefly worked in A+E and it was undoubtedly the worst job I've ever had.
  • pinno
    Another un-confusing possibility whilst we are at it rideontime:

Why do
  • pinno
    you post multiple
  • pinno
    times like this,