I Don't Like Wednesdays...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Looks grey outside, which isn't nice. Is it Autumn already?

Long day today, pretty much boring work followed by my last Music Theory lesson (wooo).

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Well summer was nice whilst it lasted

Today is working from home and hopefully a ride later as I missed out riding last night due to work
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Reprobates,
    Busy day today, got to get a weeks worth of work done this morning before going to the wrong side of london for a appeal hearing and a meeting with one of the directors. Fun i hear you cry!

In other news, I booked the summer Holls last night and got a cracking deal in a 5* all inclusive place in Rhodes. Never been anywhere in Greece or the Islands so looking forward to that.
    Also picked up a great deal on a GT Force, again not sure what i'm going to do with it yet, but its mainly to get the wife out and riding? Hmmm

Anyway onwards to work and traffic and protein shakes :(
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    and protein shakes :(

Going for a walk?

Mornin' windowlickers. Hows the glass tasting today?

Long day yesterday, and I'm not expecting much different today. Only exception being today I pedalled in - and it was good. .....until I got near the building, where it's been paved with polished slabs. Hoo boy, are they ever exciting in the damp!

A day of visitors to contend with, then the usual Wednesday of meeting freinds for chow and yatter.

But first, let there be coffee.

Onwards! To caffiene! And busyness!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    WTF is it with 03:30 and me waking up? Second night in a row that this has happened and I'm not too happy about it.

Still no word on the new minion start date. HR are being typically vague about things. It is all rush, rush, rush when they have their targets to meet but now it is just 'whenever'.

Badminton again tonight but I'm being paired up with the new girl who, by all accounts, is rather quite fit and worth watching running around the court. Only problem is cameras are banned so I'll fail on the POIDH front.

Later......
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Still in a job for now. Will have a disciplinary in a couple of weeks when my boss gets back off hols. Will be disciplining a couple of minions in the mean time for stuff not getting done which is what got me trouble. Too nice apparently.

Anyway, a quick trip to the post office, pop into work to deal with minions, then might pop over to Cannock for a ride.

Later
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning freaks

Uni meh this morning. Weather dependent bike riding this afternoon. Got to play hockey this evening, it's forecast to be pissing it down which should be fun… still I guess it's better than last week when I boiled in the keeper kit.

Also, I need a holiday. Tempted to pack the bikes in the car and drive over to France for a week or so if I can get some mates to agree to it… otherwise I'll be going from December to September with no more than a handful of weekends and 3 random days biking off from the uni/revision/placement mehness.

TTFN
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning freaks

Uni meh this morning. Weather dependent bike riding this afternoon. Got to play hockey this evening, it's forecast to be pissing it down which should be fun… still I guess it's better than last week when I boiled in the keeper kit.

Also, I need a holiday. Tempted to pack the bikes in the car and drive over to France for a week or so if I can get some mates to agree to it… otherwise I'll be going from December to September with no more than a handful of weekends and 3 random days biking off from the uni/revision/placement mehness.

TTFN
    I'm surprised you're not finished uni for the year, we finished 2 weeks ago lol.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    We don't finish until 5th of July, too much work to do, too little time :roll: Still I suppose we get our money's worth...
  • tlw1
    Ste t - great news re: job
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

my son slept all night last night - WIN. but he woke up at 5.10 this morning - FAIL :lol:

was rudely interrupted to go and do 'room checks' where basically someone has complained that my kit isn't up to spec. Sod em, just been around and it's their kit at fault, I just maintain it and it all works :lol:

that's about it really

laters
  • ste_t
    matthew h wrote:
    Ste t - great news re: job

Ta. Everyone told me the same as I would have done the other way round so was a no brainer really.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Glad to see summertime has finished in time for festival season to being. Packing will be taking place tonight as only two more sleeps to the hen party weekend at the Isle of Wight festival. Poor Waylander has to cope without a stalker for another weekend!

Currently trying to work out who on the line up I want to see and how to fit them all in. Fortunately it's going well in work and I am basically clearing everything out so that I am up to date when I leave tomorrow to do my last minute panic shopping of alcohol.

Been watching the Call Centre on BBC3 - OMG is all I can say. Scary oompa loompa orange people appear to prevail in Swansea.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    [I'm surprised you're not finished uni for the year, we finished 2 weeks ago lol.

Yeah I finished before June.

Afternoon.

Hornet fram arrived yesterday - now I have to look at it for a couple of months while I slowly build it up. That's all. Meh

Laters
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Pedalled into work today and I'm just waiting for the heavens to open around office turfing out time - lucky I packed my plastic shorts. Last pedalling before I do the London - Brighton ride on Sunday as my legs need to be fresh for a 57 miler (that's a lot for me). Other than that it's another day at work....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    The morning involved lots of cursing. the star nut I bought was the wrong size. probably should have checked before leaving the shop last night. The evening will involve fitting the correct sized star nut to the bike, and wondering where the fuck summer is
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • ste_t
    Cannock was (as much as its ever gonna be,) glorious today. Just after I'd packed everything back into the car, the rain started. I did however manage to clip a peddle on a log, fall over and slide sideways down a rocky section after first trying to break those rocks using my leg.

My knee is farked, so stopped off at a service station on the way home to have a stretch. Thought might as well have a cheeky Burger king whilst I'm here, only to find that they have run out of beefburgers!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Scuttlers

I'm dying, chest snot i all in my head now and being as I wasnt fit to ride today (sorry Ste, but good news about job) I allowed Mrs G to go and get the pup last night, and my god he's like a bloody seagull. He sleeps all day and is up at 6 and wanting to play, so this has meant I've slept most of the day on the sofa.

just found some cough meds though, not doing much but I love the taste of it so knocked back half a bottle.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    ste_t wrote:
    Thought might as well have a cheeky Burger king whilst I'm here, only to find that they have run out of beefburgers!

still not replaced the horse burgers?