How do Admins & Global Moderators get selected?

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
As per the thread title.

How do you guys decide who is elevated?

Is there a conclave of the cardinals?

Naming no names, but how do people no-one has ever heard of end up as moderators? Are they Future employees?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    God chooses.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Most of the admins are Future employees, or have been moderators for a long time and promoted.

There is no set list of criteria for a mod - when we feel that the forum needs more, it is discussed in our secret private area (Staff Room ;-), names put forward and discussed, then these people are asked.

I personally look for people who post eloquently, have respect for others, broad knowledge of subjects - but my word is not final, many people discuss the matter.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    rubertoe wrote:
    God chooses.

supersonic wrote:
    I personally look for people...

So Rubertoe was correct then. :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    supersonic wrote:
    Most of the admins are Future employees, or have been moderators for a long time and promoted.

There is no set list of criteria for a mod - when we feel that the forum needs more, it is discussed in our secret private area (Staff Room ;-), names put forward and discussed, then these people are asked.

I personally look for people who post eloquently, have respect for others, broad knowledge of subjects - but my word is not final, many people discuss the matter.

Taxi for Peril...
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition