bought this today

jimmas
jimmas Posts: 50
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Hi guys
picked up my new bike today, Giant defy 4, really pleased with the bike, will see how it performs over the next few weeks.

Comments

• KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    Nice bike, I have the defy 3, I love it, same frame
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Nice one... I have a defy 4 and it has been an excellent workhorse
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Nice one,I got a defy 4 cpl of weeks ago.good bikes.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    I've got its poorer little sister....the Defy 5. I miss out on the carbon forks, but I still love it. Hope you enjoy it.
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • lockstock666
    lockstock666 Posts: 131
    Ordered a Defy 4 myself last week. Waiting for my work to pay for it so I can pick it up :-) Personally I liked the white/silver/black colours best out of all in the range, although that wasn't the only deciding factor.

Can I ask if you guys got a compact or a triple? I went for a compact but I'm used to a triple.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    It’s against forum rules to start a thread about your new bike without posting a photo of it
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Pictures or it didn't happen.
  • Schoie81
    Ditto what they^^ say - picture needed!!

LockStock - mine has the 50/34 compact.
  • Bought the Defy 3 on the cycle to work scheme. I've been waiting a month and still the payment hasn't been processed so I can't collect it. Really want to get out on the bike shortly. :?
  • Schoie81
    Bought the Defy 3 on the cycle to work scheme. I've been waiting a month and still the payment hasn't been processed so I can't collect it. Really want to get out on the bike shortly. :?

Yeah, can be a problem with the schemes, and a very frustrating one no doubt. I'm lucky that a) the company I work for is a small one, so I was able to badger my boss every half hour until he got it sorted out and b) he's a cyclist too, and so he was quite excited about me getting a new bike too, so I had no delays. Took 8 days from deciding which bike I wanted to picking it up. :)
  • jimmas
    jimmas Posts: 50
    Hi Guys
    will get a picture up in the next day or so, it has a compact 50/34
  • Schoie81 wrote:
    Bought the Defy 3 on the cycle to work scheme. I've been waiting a month and still the payment hasn't been processed so I can't collect it. Really want to get out on the bike shortly. :?

Yeah, can be a problem with the schemes, and a very frustrating one no doubt. I'm lucky that a) the company I work for is a small one, so I was able to badger my boss every half hour until he got it sorted out and b) he's a cyclist too, and so he was quite excited about me getting a new bike too, so I had no delays. Took 8 days from deciding which bike I wanted to picking it up. :)

Yeah, I was getting frustrated today so I rang my supplier to see if they had been paid and they said they had still heard nothing. So I rang the finance dept where I work and they searched for my order and said the payment had been processed on the 31st May. Not happy with the supplier now. Rang them back but they were closing and couldn't check their system so they said they'll check in the morning and get back to me.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I can't believe that BR doesn't have a section dedicated to showing off one's new bike, oh hang on:

viewforum.php?f=40044

Don't forget to read NapD's guide to OCP before taking any pics though :)