5 week update, progress is good

KevChallis
KevChallis Posts: 646
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
I am absolutely loving my bike, it's brilliant, had to get new shoes last week and they seem to have transformed my cycling a bit, my shoes before gave me pain after 5 miles, my new specialized shoes are still comfyafter 40,

I have been riding 5 weeks now, with good pprogress I think, more hill work is needed but on a 32.5mile ride earlier, managed to average 18.7mph, on my own, not in a group, in horrible wind, so chuffed to bits...

Strava...

http://app.strava.com/activities/59741889
Kev
PlanetX Pro Carbon
Voodoo Bizango

Comments

• simon_masterson
    simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
    That's really not bad going Kev, and 18mph or more on that distance isn't shabby at all. Keep at it!
  • defycomp2
    defycomp2 Posts: 252
    I wish Cornwall was that flat! Last ride was 32 miles with 2400ft of up topping out at 982ft.
    Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 (Force 22) (retd)
    Cannondale Synapse Sram Red ETap
    Winter - Boardman CX Team (Rival X1 Hyd)
  • chiark
    chiark Posts: 335
    I have just this morning signed up for the Petit Grand Prix from Lincoln in September, so this gives me hope. My average is still sitting at 16 or so mph, but that's around here where 15miles will include 1000ft of climbing....
    Good work!
    Synapse Alloy 105 / Rock Lobster Tig Team Sl
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    DefyComp2 wrote:
    I wish Cornwall was that flat! Last ride was 32 miles with 2400ft of up topping out at 982ft.

Ditto that with Derbyshire - my commute home is 16miles 1,660ft of climb, topping at 1240ft. Its 'downhill' the other way - only 915ft of climbing....

Well done though Kev - good to hear you're enjoying it!! :)
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"