Can I run a Conti X King Racesport tubeless?

Alan P
Alan P Posts: 127
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
As above really, has anybody any experience of running Continental X King's tubeless? As far as I can see, they don't do them UST so presumably it's Stans and hope for the best :?
Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    They do do them UST, but not in black chili, so not worth it IMO.

http://www.nextdaytyres.co.uk/details.a ... MTB-26/162

They do a thicker sidewall version in black chili, maybe that would give you a good enough seal to use tubeless.
  • Hi Alan, I am running them tubeless with Stans. They are a pain to seal, the front is holding at the moment but the rear just refuses to seal. It will hold air for long enough to do a 40-50 mile ride on the flat but as soon as you start stressing the tyre it starts deflating. The problem seems to be that the side walls are really really thin, they seal until the tyre gets pushed and then it gives out. You also need to run them at pretty high pressure (compared to other tubeless) to get them to stop folding over. Bit annoying given Conti reckon they are "tubeless ready". Super light and very fast rolling though so if you can get them to seal they would be great.
  • guity
    guity Posts: 113
    I believe 'Race Sport' is what they call their tubeless ready tyres, so yes, stans away. In my experience you will need quite a bit of fluid in them to get them to seal though.
  • Alan P
    Alan P Posts: 127
    Thanks guys, I'm thinking of running one on the front with a Race King on the rear, so maybe it won't be under so much stress from my fat a%$e up at the pointy end :lol: Then again, maybe I'm just better running a tube...
    Ibis Mojo HDR (2014)
    Canyon Grand Canyon AL29 (2013)