UCI CADF release stats for 2012

Richmond Racer
Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
edited June 2013 in Pro race
http://boxscorenews.com/cycling-antidop ... 990-68.htm

Headline numbers:

- number of tests carried out across all cycling disciplines - 14,169, up from 13,144 in 2011

- 7558 in competition, 6610 OOC

full report can be downloaded from here
https://webshare.uci.ch/data/public/480752.php

Comments

• josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    The clinic's that way.... :arrow: CN
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Richmond Racer
    josame wrote:

Perfectly valid to post here. Especially as we have a thread devoted to predictions on who's going to get popped at the Tour.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    For comparison's sake, tennis:

"Of the 2,150 tests carried out by the ITF in 2011, the last set of figures available, 131 were blood tests and only 21 were out of competition".
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    josame wrote:

Perfectly valid to post here. Especially as we have a thread devoted to predictions on who's going to get popped at the Tour.

Hmm it's a tenuous link granted.. with one slight difference the other thread is *only* a tad boring, as apposed to a 35 page report :roll:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Richmond Racer
    We discuss doping here but the difference is that its not tin foil brigade stuff - which is must definitely accommodated in the Clinic.

This is a fact-based report of details of the tests carried out by the CADF last year. Quite a difference from wild conspiracy theories and people claims to 'know things' relating to x or y doping - which when pushed they cant back up (Digger calling....)
  • gpreeves
    gpreeves Posts: 454
    We discuss doping here but the difference is that its not tin foil brigade stuff - which is must definitely accommodated in the Clinic.

It would be incredibly naive to ignore the topic of doping given our sport's chequered history.

I came across a lovely example of the "tin foil brigade stuff" when I wandered over to the Clinic earlier. Apparently Sagan's "puffy cheeks" at the Tour de Suisse is evidence of doping (likewise with Giovanni Visconti at the Giro)!
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Thanks for this, all i hear from my non cycling friends is the doping argument - as Turfle puts it interesting to have facts/numbers to compare to other sports who "don't have a problem".
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
    mr_poll wrote:
    Thanks for this, all i hear from my non cycling friends is the doping argument - as Turfle puts it interesting to have facts/numbers to compare to other sports who "don't have a problem".

Yeah, cheers RR.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format